To any new members: Welcome!

Discussion in 'General' started by idsnowghost, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Howdy! I'm new to the site but not new to the area. I live in Spokane and enjoy adventuring in our great outdoors here in all seasons. Excited to have found this site as a place to connect with and learn from neighbors.
  2. Hey! I am a student in Spokane, and I've been skiing my whole life. I don't know a ton about the area, so I'm looking to learn! Hopefully this will be a great season!
  3. Hi Everyone! Stoked to see all the grate trip reports and hoping get ideas for trips!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  4. Hey everyone, stoked to find partners!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  5. Just getting logged in to start learning about the area =)
    PowderPanda likes this.
  6. Hello! New to the area so looking for the local beta (& people). Will be looking to do an avalanche course this year as well as I haven't been in the backcountry much before.
  7. Hi everyone! Hoping to find some touring partners for the season, I'm an ultra runner turned skier so I kind of love long approaches and all day ventures, definitely better at that than skiing downhill haha... I have all the gear and a few years of backcountry experience from living in Crested Butte and Boulder area before this, and am planning to take AIARE 1 this winter sometime to actually get a formal education. I moved here from Flagstaff in July and after touring Mt. Spokane last weekend realized its about damn time I find some friends to ski cooler stuff with.

Also admins - how can I change my user name, used my real name like the goober I am and would love to fix that thx
    PowderPanda and POW HEAD like this.
  8. Looking for touring partners and to explore areas around the Silver Valley. This looks like the best place to make that happen locally.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  9. mandatory first post
    PowderPanda likes this.
  10. regyman

regyman

Looking to get into some backcountry split boarding this winter. Glad I found this site, it looks like a great resource!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  11. Excited to discover this group! I spend a lot of time in north Idaho for work in the summer and would love to explore the area more in the winter!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  12. Looking forward to exploring the area!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  13. Looks like a great page, super stoked to be a part and share the knowledge and love.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  14. Excellent resource! Looking forward to be part of it!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  15. POW HEAD

POW HEAD

Crusty Butt was my favorite place to ski while living in CO. When snow was great, summit to base was
    one of the best/most challenging runs out there on Banana/Funnel through Aspens. Nice to have
    you up here in this area. When Canada opens, Fernie will be a lot like that. Ski mostly only resort now,
    but get out here in there in Backcountry. Miss the pass skiing at Berthod and Loveland.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  16. Hello panhandle backcountry.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  17. Heading over to the Panhandle Backcountry area a little after Christmas, stoked to get to know the area.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  18. Cool site! First post.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  19. Hi everyone. I just moved to Hayden from Oregon due to a job transfer. Excited to explore some new terrain here in N Idaho!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  20. Hey everybody, my name is Mitchell just moved to Spokane this summer from Leavenworth. I’m trying to figure out the best spots to ski tour in the area. Excited to see what’s around here!
    PowderPanda likes this.