To any new members: Welcome!

Discussion in 'General' started by idsnowghost, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Hi, new member, longtime lover of North Idaho, excited to have this resource to help explore around Priest Lake and Schweitzer areas with my family!
    idsnowghost and PowderPanda like this.
  2. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

Welcome aboard Kristen!! You have great areas up there to play around.. if you have a pass at the Schizz.. a plethora of options!!
    Cheers,
    PP
  3. bclr

bclr

Hi Everyone -- new member from down south -- SW MT. The fam is considering heading up your way around New Year's if it keeps snowing up there. The 16-day forecast looks a little dry -- at least they're not very accurate :^) I know you can stack up an amazing amount of SWE during Dec -- here's hoping. Thanks for all your efforts to build and maintain the website, and the community. Cheers to a great winter, Lance.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  4. Great site! Can't wait to get out and explore Eastern WA/ North Idaho this winter!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  5. Great looking site, going to be spending the month of December in Coeur D'alene. Looking forward to checking out the area.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  6. New member here, excited to check out what the panhandle area has to offer! Long time skier, just got my touring setup together and my level 1 avalanche course under wraps. Hoping to keep learning and developing a feel for the backcountry and to make some new touring partners. Bring in the season!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  7. Hey all I'm a long time idaho resident and snowboarder looking to get into backcountry skiing. I'm looking for cool places to take my new set up right after I get my avy cert in Feb.
  8. Andrew Chase

Andrew Chase

Hi All-

I just relocated from northern New England to the Spokane area and am looking to meet partners to do some touring this winter. I am signed up for a Level 1 class in January. Most of my backcountry experience is in the tightly gladed terrain typically found in VT/NH, in addition to some travel in avalanche terrain with experienced partners on Mount Washington.

I plan to mostly stick to low-angle terrain this winter and then plan to ski steeper terrain in late spring when the snowpack has consolidated. I will probably also skin 49N and Mt Spokane during the days they allow uphill travel.

Feel free to reach out if you'd like to join - or are looking for a ski partner.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  9. Looks like a great place to get good bc info and stay safe in las montañas !!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  10. Going to school in Bozeman but from the panhandle area, love the content on here.
    PowderPanda and POW HEAD like this.
  11. Awesome site with tons of info! Thanks for letting me in
    PowderPanda likes this.
  12. TracyT

TracyT

This is an amazing resource! I had no idea this existed. :)
    PowderPanda likes this.
  13. Hey everyone! What an awesome website. Thanks to all who put this together and keep it running.
    From Wisconsin (rumors are true- I love cheese and beer) and now living in Sandpoint. Just got my touring setup and signed up for my avy 1 course in late January up at Schweitzer. Will be skiing there as much as possible this winter and am really looking forward to exploring the backcountry there and all around the area.
    Looking forward to meeting people through here! Reach out if you ever need a skiing partner!
    -Joe
    PowderPanda likes this.
  14. I discovered this site last year, but was out of town for most of the season. I’m pumped to get out there this season
    PowderPanda likes this.
  15. JamesS

JamesS

Hi all,

A big thank you to everyone who maintains this site - it's incredible!
    My background is pretty short: grew up in Colorado, been skiing since I could walk, moved to Spokane 6 years ago, and just finally getting into the backcountry - absolutely 0 experience on that front. I just finished my setup as of today and am trying to enter into the community/find some people to go with. I've signed up for a Level 1 Avy class in late January but will be skinning Mt. Spokane until then. Please reach out if you'd be interested in going together!

A fun fact so y'all can get to know me a bit more. I love "the 3 B's" - Beers, Burritos, and the Broncos!
    Thanks!
    James
    PowderPanda likes this.
  16. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

Hey @TracyT I live right near ya!! Thanks for getting on board!
  17. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

Welcome to God's Country Joe!!
    I'll be instructing in your Jan course! See ya there!

Cheers,
    PP
  18. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

Welcome back @Josh Wilder
  19. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

LoL! Cheers @JamesS
  20. Neumanski

Neumanski

Hi there,
    Just getting on board here. Figured this would be a good step in getting and sharing beta in our neck of the woods.

Thanks for putting all of this together!

Cheers,
    Matt
    idsnowghost and PowderPanda like this.