To any new members: Welcome!

Discussion in 'General' started by idsnowghost, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Johnenbom

Johnenbom

Hey Gang. Looking forward to an Roman nose visit. First Bc outing in the panhandle. Hoping the crust has bonded and 6 fresh will be waiting.... either way my brother and I will at and splitboard to get a look at the sisters tomorrow. Looking for locals to school us on local 6k+ (or at least a 500' prominence) such as this or other selkirk, cabinet, latour, packsaddle, peak 5721 or other bitterroot gigs. Thanks prayers for deep off piste!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  2. Heyo! Recently moved over to Spokane from the Seattle area...

Pretty stoked to have come across this site and hopefully start uncovering some of the backcountry gems here in Eastern WA and Northern ID.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  3. Looking forward to a trip up to the Panhandle next week to explore Missoula and Sandpoint from Salt Lake City. Planning to ski Snowbowl & Schweitzer, but also hoping to get out in the backcountry a couple days. Thanks in advance for the beta! This forum seems like a great resource.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  4. Hello all, I grew up in the area and I am just getting into the backcountry world. I got all the gear this year and I am really excited to get out. I would love to go and get out with anyone that is willing to educate someone just getting into it. I am planning on taking my avy 1 class, but as of now I have just taken some basic avalanche classes. What are some of the best places to get out right now? Thanks for any info!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  5. Hello, I am new to the area and looking to explore the backcountry with some responsible power addicts! My backcountry classes were taken at Mt. Baker in Western Washington and are Canadian level 1 equivalent. I majored in Atmospheric Sciences and do all my own snow forecasting. I have a pass at Schweitzer and mainly stick to side country but looking to explore further. I am looking into getting a splitboard but currently only have snowshoes. I look forward to shredding with some of you and exploring everything northern Idaho has to offer.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  6. Greetings! I'm looking to get out into the backcountry and would love to learn from this community as I move forward. I've been climbing and skiing for years and have always been nagging myself about trying out touring. I just got a used setup of frame bindings and skins and have a season pass at Lookout. I look forward to earning some turns with anyone interested.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  7. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

@snowbro Well now... we always welcome home-brew forecasts!!!!
  8. New to site and looking forward to gaining more experience this winter!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  9. Howdy, fairly new to backcountry travel, looking to get more educated and check out new terrain.

Cheers.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  10. Looking forward to being apart of the community!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  11. I’m new to backcountry and new to the forum. My husband and I did the training grounds a few weeks ago and Mt. Spokane earlier this week. Excited to keep exploring our area!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  12. Hello everyone, new to the site, hoping to figure out some places beyond Mt Spokane and the training grounds for day trips from the Spokane area.
    Cheers
    PowderPanda likes this.
  13. Hi. We are from Canada (Rossland, BC) and will be touring out of Schweitzer this week so looking for some beta on nice terrains and how to avoid the cat ski and heli-ski crowds... any recommendations welcome. We have plenty of experience and avalanche training. Any areas away from Schweitzer that you would recommend ? We have a 4x4 pick-up to access trailhead but no sled. Thanks!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  14. I live in Michigan and I am coming very often in Idaho to ski. It will be my first time back country skiing in Idaho next week end. Any advice on where to go would be very helpful. Thank you:
  15. Just learned to tour last year so this year I’m looking for some new areas to try out. So excited to find this forum!
  16. Just moving back to the Spokane area after being introduced to ski touring in Oregon. I know the area well for snowmobiles but looking for options around Spokane to explore.
  17. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

Greetings,
    There's some great backcountry off of Schizz, I recently reposted a map that one of our members made several years ago, you'll see it in the general section.
    Enjoy the states!!! Love Rossland, it's the reason i moved to this area!
  18. Crystal Glidin

Crystal Glidin

Hello all!

My dog has been pressuring me to get out in the backcountry more because he thinks resorts are over-rated. The truth is, I am better behaved when I get sufficient exercise. This seems like a good way to dial up the stoke.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  19. LTaggart

LTaggart

Hey everyone! Just moved to Sandpoint in September from my home town(Boise). Haven't had alot of time to make it into the backcountry recently, and am hoping to change that. Being new to the area, I am fairly unfamiliar with the terrain and am hoping for any advice on popular backcountry trip destinations. As far as my background goes, I was a ski patroller at Bogus Basin for the last 7 seasons and one of my certifications include my Level 1 Avy. If you need a trip partner hit me up! Happy to have found a forum of like minded backcountriers!
    PowderPanda likes this.