To any new members: Welcome!

Discussion in 'General' started by idsnowghost, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Hi All, I live in VA but have a buddy who lives in the Panhandle. Have a little backcountry ski experience including a trip up Scotchman’s Peak (YouTube comedy short available- have upgraded gear since then!) and Lunch Peak. Hoping to get back to ID this upcoming winter.
    PowderPanda and idsnowghost like this.
  2. XCD

XCD

Recently moved to Sandpoint from SW Washington. Looking forward to exploring N ID, MT and S BC.
  3. Trying to find new routes other than early morning Mt Spokane laps, anything doable right now?
  4. Hello everyone! My girlfriend and I are fairly new to the area and to backcountry skiing/boarding but trying to get into it and learn to grow our snowboarding/wilderness knowledge. We love several outdoor sports and activities for different seasons but snowboarding has been probably my favorite for years. I love the sense of accomplishment of doing something under your own power and a more raw experience you get in nature and the outdoors that comes with skipping the ski lifts and crowds and earning your turns. So I look forward to learning what I can from you guys on this page, thanks in adavnace.
  5. Hey everyone, got turned on to this site by K.pOw. Looks like an awesome resource. Looking forward to being linked up with more local info and hopefully contributing something here and there.

Thanks!
  6. My fiancé and I just moved to the area and are very excited to get into splitboarding!
  7. huckphin

huckphin

Hey everyone! Stoked to have found this site, just need some more snow now.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  8. Just moved to northern Idaho from North Central Washington. Psyched to learn of some areas for touring around Sandpoint.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  9. I am new as well to backcountry. If y’all are ever looking for someone to hang with bit me up.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  10. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

Hey @XCD What part of SW Washington? I lived in Vancouver most of life.
    Welcome to the better side of the state!!
  11. Laurisa

Laurisa

Hey! I am new to splitboarding. I have done a lot of resort riding and hiking to ride. Looking forward to expanding my horizons this season.
    huckphin and PowderPanda like this.
  12. Steve Hertel

Steve Hertel

Hello All!

What a great website and wealth of resources! Thanks to everyone who contributes. I recently retired and plan to ski for a lot of the winter. I used to telemark only and skied backcountry for 20+ years, mostly in the Cascades (I lived in the Seattle area). For this year, I bought new AT gear. Interested in finding ski partners for both backcountry and in area. I'm pretty much available to ski any day the snow is good.

Steve
    huckphin, PowderPanda and idsnowghost like this.
  13. Hi all! I grew up in Moscow but sold out and moved to Colorado where I got into backcountry skiing. Now I'm looking forward to visiting home and exploring the Idaho backcountry :)
    huckphin and PowderPanda like this.
  14. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

LoL... Sold out to the CO scene. Welcome back to the Homeland!! Ha
    POW HEAD likes this.
  15. Hello. I have never done backcountry boarding before but looking to educate myself if I ever decide to get into it. Love all of the resources on this website. You guys are great!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  16. Woooooooooooooooo First post and I’d just like to say I’m watching you all shred the powders from Alberta Canada ❄️❤️
  17. Hola. Awesome website! Just need some snow now, made some sloppy turns in the rain up at silver today.
  18. POW HEAD

POW HEAD

I did the opposite..got out of wayyyyy crowded CO scene for less traveled roads! Best
    move ever......Hope you have fun!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  19. Headed to sandpoint for Christmas to visit family and would love to get out, can anybody recommend an easy access, maybe half day tour in the area?
    PowderPanda likes this.
  20. Hello everyone, new to the site. Cant wait to plan a trip.
    PowderPanda likes this.