To any new members: Welcome!

Hi all-

Sort of recently moved to Moscow and excited to find this site. I've been halfway through a homemade splitboard project for about 3 years now and finding this forum makes me want to finish it up and find some backcountry riding!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hello,

New member here. Live in Seattle but have skiied Schweitzer often. Looking forward to explore some backcountry tours out near Sandpoint. Possibly heading out that way this weekend for a last minute trip!
Krista, if you do a little bit of search for Schizz backcountry, you could even find a map for the Schizz backcountry!! ;)

Hey everyone!

Went to school in Moscow a few years back, spent a lot of time sleeping in a minivan up at Schweitzer and did some lurking on the 7B page. Back in the Inland Northwest soon, so figured I'd jump on here!

Thanks for this invitation. We are visiting from Seattle. Kids grown etc. We're everyone's grand parents I'm sure but love the climb and the ski. Spent time in Sierra's, the volcanoes of exotic Washington and shoots of Montana. We use "turnsallyear.org" in the Seattle area. Check it out. Ciao, mck

PowderPanda

Staff member
Thanks for this invitation. We are visiting from Seattle. Kids grown etc. We're everyone's grand parents I'm sure but love the climb and the ski. Spent time in Sierra's, the volcanoes of exotic Washington and shoots of Montana. We use "turnsallyear.org" in the Seattle area. Check it out. Ciao, mck
Hi Mike,
Welcome to Panhandlebackcountry!

Hey all, new to the site and stoked to be part of it! We recently moved back to Spokane from Seattle, and I'm looking forward to getting up to some more tours in my home mountains around Spokane and Priest Lake.

Hi all. Great site. Thanks for all your working putting this together. My wife and I have been into backcountry skiing for awhile now, but the last few years we have been out much less than we would like since we have become parents. I saw some guys getting out on High Drive so I'm hoping to take advantage of these conditions and score some urban turns this weekend.

Turns at Schweitzer off piste better than anticipated, headed to Kootenay Pass on Saturday, though may be a bit cold in the am. Also looking to partner with others to Sled-Shred Trestle Creek Lunch Peak this month, March.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Turns at Schweitzer off piste better than anticipated, headed to Kootenay Pass on Saturday, though may be a bit cold in the am. Also looking to partner with others to Sled-Shred Trestle Creek Lunch Peak this month, March.
Nice @Glade Do you have a sled? I believe our sled-to-shred (members with sleds) is increasing. Thumbs up!

Hello! I’m a new “backcountry” skier...just skied on Moscow Mountain so far w my kids (age 9, 7, and 5). Sure beats driving to Silver! We are using a kids AT adaptor for them...
Bryn, thanks for posting... I’m interested in getting adaptors for my kids (12 and 10). Any tips on finding good deals on them or advice for introducing the young ones? Thanks in advance.

Hi everyone! Making a trip from homebase in Bend, OR up to the panhandle next week and looking for some intel on backcountry routes and great places to grab a cold one after. ;)Will be going up around McCall to SandPoint and back. Taken our A1 course a couple years ago and frequent the backcountry in Oregon, but looking for some routes that could be quick and not crazy technical to be able to bet some good turns on the road. Can't wait to check out the awesome forums and meet some great Idahoans on here!

Hi All! My wife and I live in Spokane and we looking forward to getting to know the backcountry community here. Schweitzer is our home mountain, but excited to learn more intel on other backcountry spots in the area.

Went up Stevens peak last Thursday and was looking to see if the couloir we came down into lone lake had a name. Thought I might find a pic on this site