To any new members: Welcome!

Discussion in 'General' started by idsnowghost, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Just moved out to Moscow, looking forward to getting into some good snow this winter!
  2. Natalie

Natalie

Enjoying the site and looking forward to a great season!
    PowderPanda and POW HEAD like this.
  3. Hey Everyone,

Big shout out to the site administrators for putting this fantastic resource together. I found the weather page last winter and it is an invaluable resource for keeping tabs on the conditions in the greater panhandle area. Looking forward to diving into the trip reports more this year. I've spent the last two winters riding on Moscow Mountain when conditions allow, otherwise the long trek into Freezeout Ridge. Looking to see what the other options are in a 2 hour radius of Moscow/Pullman.

JL
    idsnowghost and PowderPanda like this.
  4. So glad I found this site! I moved to Spokane from western WA recently and am looking forward to checking out the touring scene over here.
    idsnowghost and PowderPanda like this.
  5. New to the area and new to the site, looks like a great resource.
    PowderPanda, POW HEAD and idsnowghost like this.
  6. Cap

Cap

Hi all,
    Thanks for putting this website together! I'm based out of CDA and interested in meeting up with some touring partners. Enjoy the winter.
    PowderPanda and idsnowghost like this.
  7. scottdess

scottdess

Just joined. going to be in the area later this month and looking for touring info.
    PowderPanda and POW HEAD like this.
  8. Curtis

Curtis

Loving all of the weather resources here. I bought my first split board last winter so I'm looking to gain some knowledge and experience this year. Cheers!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  9. DanielM

DanielM

This website sounds like a great resource. I am an avid outdoorsman and look forward to an awesome winter.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  10. Skadi

Skadi

Hi all, this is my second winter here and I’m itching to get out of the resort and tour. Stoked to connect with the community here and hopefully find some folks who are down to geek out in a snow pit and then go put in some laps. I need to get back into touring shape, but a few times out should help fix that. I’ve got a beefier AT setup, but I’ve also got an ill-fitting tele setup if I really want to make a fool of myself (makes low-angle so much more interesting!). Hope to get out with some of you folks this winter
    PowderPanda likes this.
  11. Boaz

Boaz

Hi, looking to take up some backcountry touring this winter with my splitboard. Based in Spokane, but willing to drive for good powder!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  12. New to the site, I just purchased a touring setup this year and am eager to get out there!
    PowderPanda and WmRimmer like this.
  13. Skadi

Skadi

Sweet! Where you based out of? Have you been touring before, and what’s your level of avalanche knowledge?
    PowderPanda likes this.
  14. New to the site. Moved to Spokane a year ago and hope to get out into the backcountry and introduce my four boys to the joy of earning their turns. Thanks to the admins for a great resource!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  15. Dallan

Dallan

I've been a resort skier forever and have spent quite-a-bit of time in the backcountry snowmobiling. I've always wanted to get into touring and finally took the plunge. I've been out a few times this year and am pretty excited to get out more!
    PowderPanda and matmaster like this.
  16. Looks like a great site. Thanks.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  17. AliSchulz

AliSchulz

Hello,

My family and I have recently relocated from New Mexico (which is getting hammered with a blizzard as we speak!) to Sandpoint. Before that, we lived in Montana, so we are not completely new to bc touring, but maybe a little rusty ;).
    I am taking a level 1 Avi class here in Sandoint at the end of January for a refresher, and can't wait to get out into the side country at Schweitzer and beyond!
    Alpentalic916 and PowderPanda like this.
  18. Hey everyone! California based splitboarder planning a trip to N. Idaho this winter! Have heard amazing things about the area and am considering moving to Spokane.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  19. Hi all! Skiier and photog based out of Bend. Just had a best friend move to sandpoint and want to get him out for some tours as he is a novice
    PowderPanda likes this.