To any new members: Welcome!

Hi everyone, I moved to Hope, ID a year ago and after having a baby in May am hoping to finally get to use my backcountry gear this winter! I am an intermediate skier but brand new to backcountry. I have so far only used it in the off season at the resort. I’ve had a hard time finding resources on where to go so I’m really excited to check out this website.

idsnowghost

Staff member
Hi everyone, I moved to Hope, ID a year ago and after having a baby in May am hoping to finally get to use my backcountry gear this winter! I am an intermediate skier but brand new to backcountry. I have so far only used it in the off season at the resort. I’ve had a hard time finding resources on where to go so I’m really excited to check out this website.
It's about 5 miles or so up: but Strong Creek is a great tour out of Hope, then up to the summit of Roundtop. Some of the best views of the lake!

Welcome!

I really appreciate this site and all of the resources. Thanks for all of the hard work and thoughtful postings.

Hi all, Spokane, Sandpoint and Portland (soon to be Seattle) resident here coming through because I saw mention of this website in a magazine in Sandpoint on an ID avalanche center section. No backcountry experience, only resort skiing but looking to get into it soon in the next couple years!

Been in the area a long time but new to backcountry. Got most of the gear last year but have waiting to go through the level 1 class before I jump in both feet. Looking forward to the class at Schweitzer this weekend so I have a foundation of knowledge to start exploring safely!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Been in the area a long time but new to backcountry. Got most of the gear last year but have waiting to go through the level 1 class before I jump in both feet. Looking forward to the class at Schweitzer this weekend so I have a foundation of knowledge to start exploring safely!
Hey Clay,
How'd the class go for you??

Hey all! Thanks for creating a local site with great info. I am looking forward to exploring more of the backcountry outside of the Washington western mountain range. Any tips of trips of places to go in northern Idaho end of February or early March is appreciated!