To any new members: Welcome!

Discussion in 'General' started by idsnowghost, Jan 15, 2015.

1. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

LoL.. that's funny! I agree..
  2. New to the area moved to Moscow from upstate NY originally from Cincinnati Ohio. I’m also new to backcountry skiing planning to start out very slow, can’t wait to get some proper training.
    idsnowghost and PowderPanda like this.
  3. Hi everyone, I moved to Hope, ID a year ago and after having a baby in May am hoping to finally get to use my backcountry gear this winter! I am an intermediate skier but brand new to backcountry. I have so far only used it in the off season at the resort. I’ve had a hard time finding resources on where to go so I’m really excited to check out this website.
    idsnowghost and PowderPanda like this.
  4. Hey everyone
    idsnowghost likes this.
  5. idsnowghost

idsnowghost Staff Member

It's about 5 miles or so up: but Strong Creek is a great tour out of Hope, then up to the summit of Roundtop. Some of the best views of the lake!

Welcome!
  6. Hi all! Considering a move to the panhandle and looking for more information on the touring. This website is a great resource!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  7. Looking forward to getting to know the north Idaho area, coming from Moscow as well!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  8. I really appreciate this site and all of the resources. Thanks for all of the hard work and thoughtful postings.
  9. Hi! Moving to CDA this fall and wanted to get a jump on getting familiar with the backcountry terrain in the area.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  10. Hi all, Spokane, Sandpoint and Portland (soon to be Seattle) resident here coming through because I saw mention of this website in a magazine in Sandpoint on an ID avalanche center section. No backcountry experience, only resort skiing but looking to get into it soon in the next couple years!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  11. Hi all, I've moved back home to Spokane for at least a few months and am excited to tour in the area -really impressed and appreciative of this site. Thank you all!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  12. Hello all, looking forward to skiing an dfindibg out more about the area!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  13. Yo moved to Spokane four months ago and stoked to get to know the area. Been to Spo, Training Hill, 49. Any other cool spots I should be sure to tour this season?
    PowderPanda likes this.
  14. Been in the area a long time but new to backcountry. Got most of the gear last year but have waiting to go through the level 1 class before I jump in both feet. Looking forward to the class at Schweitzer this weekend so I have a foundation of knowledge to start exploring safely!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  15. Happy to be here.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  16. Thinking about visiting Sandpoint sometime soon and super pumped I stumbled upon this forum. Thank you!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  17. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

Hey Clay,
    How'd the class go for you??
  18. Greg Luloff

Greg Luloff

This is an awesome site. Looking forward to learning more about the area
    PowderPanda likes this.
  19. Hey all! Thanks for creating a local site with great info. I am looking forward to exploring more of the backcountry outside of the Washington western mountain range. Any tips of trips of places to go in northern Idaho end of February or early March is appreciated!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  20. What's up! Looking to explore some of North Idaho's finest backcountry and saw some great trip reports posted here!
    PowderPanda likes this.