To any new members: Welcome!

I'm stoked- just discovered this site after obsessively refreshing the ski area snow reports for the last week. I just moved to Moscow to work at the U, and I can't wait to start exploring our panhandle mountains. I hear there's snow on Moscow Mtn today! Cheers

Hello everybody,
I've been living in the Spokane area for the last 5 years and finally got tired of resort skiing and boarding. Got some skins and things, and now i'm just looking for places to ease into the idea. I was thinking Mt. Spokane to start things off, but if there are better places around that people are willing to share i'd certainly be interested

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hello everybody,
I've been living in the Spokane area for the last 5 years and finally got tired of resort skiing and boarding. Got some skins and things, and now i'm just looking for places to ease into the idea. I was thinking Mt. Spokane to start things off, but if there are better places around that people are willing to share i'd certainly be interested
BernsteinBear,
MT Spokey will be the easiest and closest. No real hazards there, besides tree wells. The have an uphill policy which we have the link here or on their website. A great time to hit it is the days they are closed. Other than that, everything else would require having avy gear and training, as well as a partner.
Spend some time in t he tour reports and I'm sure you'll find some options for you!!

Welcome aboard
Cheers,
PP

I joined last winter when I moved to the St. Joe country. Can't wait to get out and check out some more spots this winter. Had to post, so I could check out some trip reports.

Found out about this site at the Snowlander Expo and hope to meet some other skiers to explore the area with since 2016/17 will be my first season in this area. Got a taste of the backcountry in Utah last year and now looking forward to doing that more here in WA/ID.

Just read about this site on TGR. Live in Asotin co so used to traveling for skiing. Experienced wallowa skier. Hoping to explore north this year as the family have decided to not get Brundage passes this year so we can head North!

Cheers
Mike

What's up everyone? New to the site. I'm looking for some easy to access terrain that can easily be hiked to, for a couple of turns or a small kicker. I'm also wanting to ease into more inter/advanced areas in the near future.

-Brandon

Hey guys. My cousin and I are experienced snowboarders with limited backcountry experience. We have taken a few trips around the lookout and Priest Lake areas. We have the three essential tools (beacon, probe, and shovel) and generally snowshoe into the territory we want to ride. We have had some success on trips but it is generally hit and miss so I wanted to join the community to eliminate the misses!

Hey all! I'm pretty new to north Idaho, from Minnesota. A snowboarding fanatic, but first year splitboarder/backcountry rider. I've been doing tons of avalanche and backcountry practice and will be touring this year with more experienced friends. I can't wait to learn more from this site. Thanks!