To any new members: Welcome!

Hey,

Relatively new the inland northwest. Moved to Spokane about a year ago and I'm getting stoked for the season. I grew up skiing on the ice coast and have migrated west since. I've skied all over the country (Colorado, California, New Mexico, Washington, Utah, Vermont, New Hampshire) and some time in BC. I've been heli skiing and cat skiing but my pockets can't support that habit so I'm looking to get more active in the ski touring world.

I look forward to seeing everyone out there!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hello! I've been exploring the Cascades for the last decade and moved to Spokane last year. I've had a chance to check out Kootenay Pass and some areas in ID, but I'm itching to get out and learn more about the playground that the Inland NW has to offer.
Welcome to the Inland NW Jill. What parts of the Cascades have ya been?

BTW, there is a Women's specific Avalanche Clinic on Thursday at Gonzaga. Good refresher of some of the basics!

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/shejumps-into-avalanche-awareness-clinic-spokane-know-before-you-go-tickets-27969766324

Hope to see ya there!
PP

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hey,

Relatively new the inland northwest. Moved to Spokane about a year ago and I'm getting stoked for the season. I grew up skiing on the ice coast and have migrated west since. I've skied all over the country (Colorado, California, New Mexico, Washington, Utah, Vermont, New Hampshire) and some time in BC. I've been heli skiing and cat skiing but my pockets can't support that habit so I'm looking to get more active in the ski touring world.

I look forward to seeing everyone out there!
Aviator, do you fly heli's? Because you'd our best friend if ya did.. LoL
Welcome!

Good morning,

With reports of snow falling it encouraged me to reach out a bit to y'all.

Mostly tour the St Regis basin and exploratory tours (bushwacking ,lots of bushwacking:)) in MTthroughout the winter. St regis is just great due to its close striking distance from the 'kane. Will be making some time for a level one course this year. I have been skiing for awhile and always wishing to do more. I have every Fri off and usually hit up 49, although it is always a balance with the kids!!

Incredible site!!
Cheers!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hello, joined finally today to look at trip reports (planning thanksgiving ). Also hope to connect with lots of you through the work I'll be doing for the Idaho panhandle Avalanche center this winter. Happy turns!
Oh Yeah Melissa!!! Yeah, I'm looking into next weekend as well. The next series of storms this week could be really good!
Awesome to have you with IPAC!!!!