To any new members: Welcome!

idsnowghost,
We did not go to the new hut. I agree that there must be some good turns to be had nearby. Lake Darling, Gem Lake, and Moose Lake are all in the vicinity. Do you know if the hut will be available for overnighters? I haven't heard.

PowderPanda,
Of course, I can't tell you exactly where, but we were finding loaded bushes and even some green berries around 6000 feet on 8/28. I was pleasantly surprised.

So pumped to be here!!

Just moved to Coeur d'Alene two weeks ago from the east coast. My move was 51% for work and 49% for the mountains. I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of new folks. This crew was top on my list. I'm planning on taking several back-country and avalanche courses soon but are there any meetn'greet events planned during the next month or two? Maybe we could plan one...#letsdothis

P.S. Silver got its first three inches of the season today. yssssss!

Last edited:

PowderPanda

Staff member
So pumped to be here!!

Just moved to Coeur d'Alene two weeks ago from the east coast. My move was 51% for work and 49% for the mountains. I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of new folks. This crew was top on my list. I'm planning on taking several back-country and avalanche courses soon but are there any meetn'greet events planned during the next month or two? Maybe we could plan one...#letsdothis

P.S. Silver got its first three inches of the season today. yssssss!
Welcome Sawtooth Tiger!!! Ya made a good move to come here.. I moved here 20yrs ago for the snow!! Still the best kept secret in the US.. besides NW Montana.

We need to get a Meet & Greet, but I know many of us have been busy. We will be at the Snowlander Snow Show Nov 11th & 12th.

I'll see about putting up a post to get reaction and ideas from people.

Thank you!