To any new members: Welcome!

PowderPanda

Staff member
WoW... Lot's of new members and it's the worst Spring in years (although winter was pretty good).
Welcome all!! Stoked to have you on board.. If you look,m there is still some out there. Just be careful, some interesting stuff going on with the snow since we didn't have freeze-thaw cycles. Seems to be a lot of large wet slides/glide avalanches this year.

Hey shredders. I'm new to the panhandle backcountry community and am stoked to see what it's all about. I am a Northern California native (Auburn CA near Tahoe) with family roots in Idaho. I grew up spending holidays at my grandparents lake house in Sandpoint and have a great appreciation for the panhandle. My parents recently bought a house on Twin Lakes in Rathdrum which means I will be spending extended time up there for basically the rest of my life (especially winters) and I'm pretty stoked!!! See you in the backcountry.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hey shredders. I'm new to the panhandle backcountry community and am stoked to see what it's all about. I am a Northern California native (Auburn CA near Tahoe) with family roots in Idaho. I grew up spending holidays at my grandparents lake house in Sandpoint and have a great appreciation for the panhandle. My parents recently bought a house on Twin Lakes in Rathdrum which means I will be spending extended time up there for basically the rest of my life (especially winters) and I'm pretty stoked!!! See you in the backcountry.

Welcome Kevin!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Just moved to the area and can't wait for the snow to fly! Looking forward to exploring the backcountry and meeting people.
Welcome Farbikr!! Do you Mtn bike?? Checkout Evergreen East on FB.. Great group with rides for mtn biking in the area!

I do Mtn bike. Haven't been out much yet though. We live in Chewelah. Any suggestions for places to check out around here?

Is fat biking popular in the area? I know the Nordic Center at 49 North allows it, but there are 40 miles of groomed snowmobile trails right around the corner. I don't know if it is a multi-use area or if they have exclusive rights to the trails. Haven't really met any other fat bikers out here yet.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Is fat biking popular in the area? I know the Nordic Center at 49 North allows it, but there are 40 miles of groomed snowmobile trails right around the corner. I don't know if it is a multi-use area or if they have exclusive rights to the trails. Haven't really met any other fat bikers out here yet.

Pretty much all sled roads are mutli-use... Just have to pay attention of you're on them (some sledders don't). A lot of x-c skiers use them, stay to one side or the other. Sled traffic will be day dependent.. Weekends will always have a lot of sled activity.

Hi,

I've been in Sandpoint 12 years or so.

This forum is becoming a great source for conditions as well as inspiration for terrain.

I was just up in the Trestle Creek area scouting terrain and eating berries.

Last edited:

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hi,

This forum is becoming a great source for conditions as well as inspiration for terrain.

ccslider... Huck's still hanging in there eh! I thought they'd be done! Welcome!

idsnowghost

Staff member
Hi,

Welcome to the community and thanks for introducing yourself. :)

Did you happen to check out the new snowmobile warming hut up Trestle near Moose Lake? Might make for a good jumping-off point for ski touring as well. I think IPAC is working on placing a weather station atop Lunch Peak also.