To any new members: Welcome!

Discussion in 'General' started by idsnowghost, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Cool man. Look me up, and let me know if you want to go tour.

IG:alpineunderground
  2. Jordan

Jordan

Will do, thanks! I usually have Sun-Tues free during the week.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  3. Just moved from the Seattle region. I’ll be in Bonner’s Ferry for the summer and hope to find a place in Sandpoint by Winter.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  4. idsnowghost

idsnowghost Staff Member

Welcome to the area!

If you're bored some evening and want to get to know the area.. take a drive up one of the drainages off the West Side Rd and let us know where the snow line is? (Myrtle, Trout or Smith Creeks all lead to great Spring skiing)
    PowderPanda and Brandon like this.
  5. Hi
    PowderPanda likes this.
  6. Just new to this forum - been going to Priest Lake and climbing on the Selkirk Crest for decades with my Dad. Just hit Schweitzer for the first time this winter. Hope to come back and do some touring up there next!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  7. Hi Everyone - I'm considering a move to Moscow and glad to have found a group that can give insight into backcountry skiing close-by. Happy to hear anyone's thoughts, pros-cons on moving to Moscow as a skier and mtn biker. My background is Logan, UT and San Francisco (mainly skiing in South Lake Tahoe).Thanks!
  8. Moscow Mountain is right there...good mountain biking. Check reports here, there is lots of skiing potential within striking distance of Moscow
    PowderPanda likes this.
  9. idsnowghost

idsnowghost Staff Member

Wallowas are within reach. Most of the Moscow backcountry skiers flock to Freezeout Pass near Clarkia. It seems to be the closest option besides catching a good snow year on Moscow Mtn.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  10. Hey, new member here from Seattle. Just looking at browsing the terrain in Idaho!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  11. Aaron_B

Aaron_B

Brand new to Spokane, checking out stuff for next season!
    PowderPanda likes this.
  12. Hi PHBC. I’m thinking about a ski touring weekend out of sandpoint this winter, looking forward to checking out trip reports.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  13. Hi everyone, Panda, Ghost.
    Thanks for making/maintaining this site.
    Hoping I can get out this season with experienced b/c riders and skiers...hope to go with (cool) people that know where to go and, you know—not die trying to do it by myself...
    None of my riding partners have any interest in earning turns beyond a hike from the lift or the gas powered lift—so here I am.
    raynord22 and PowderPanda like this.
  14. splitsticks

splitsticks

Hi Guys! I've been following this site for a few years now (mainly for access beta) but never posted anything previously. Having recently moved to Missoula from eastern Montana I figured it's time to join the club! Sorry for the late arrival PowderPanda! Getting stoked for the start of hunting season and snow!

Cheers
    PowderPanda likes this.
  15. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

Welcome Aboard and to Missoula Splitsticks!! 2 more months to snow (or less, cross fingers).