To any new members: Welcome!

Thanks for putting together this site. Lots of good info.
I bought my first touring gear a little over 5 years ago and have only used it going side country at Schweitzer a few times and skinned mt spokane after the lifts closed in past seasons.
I have not really known what all the possibilities are. Definitely have some goals for next season now!

Totally new to the area and seriously looking forward to finding a partner or two to rally a few times a week. I love skinning followed by some skiing. Looks like lots of interesting terrain within a few hours of Spokane so if you live here or near I would enjoy getting together and anytime and soak you for beta. Assuming this forum is a good resource I will contribute as often as I can. Very much an outsider but hey , I can help break trail and dig pits. Cheers...

Totally new to the area and seriously looking forward to finding a partner or two to rally a few times a week. I love skinning followed by some skiing. Looks like lots of interesting terrain within a few hours of Spokane so if you live here or near I would enjoy getting together and anytime and soak you for beta. Assuming this forum is a good resource I will contribute as often as I can. Very much an outsider but hey , I can help break trail and dig pits. Cheers...

There's endless opportunity up here for BC and SC skiing. This is an amazing site so keep in touch.
Welcome fellow transplant.

FYI...was helping friend get wood over weekend. We were snowed on at about 5000 ft. Nice to see.

idsnowghost

Staff member
Welcome to the Panhandle Backcountry community @POW HEAD , @Valdez Telehead , @skis_the_trees and @SkiLyft ! It's great to hear and see the reports of snow in the hills!

I'd encourage all of you to come out to our movie night next Thursday the 18th -- say hello and meet a bunch of other members, forecasters from our local avalanche center (IPAC), as well as see a great movie and maybe win a raffle prize or two. It's just $10 and it all goes back to the avy center. Hope to see you there!

Hi all.
I've been leaning towards BC and SC exploring for a few years, occasionally snowshoeing in to a spot ride a line. This is the year that I'm jumping on a splitboard, so we'll see how that goes.

Two weeks ago my wife and I woke up to a few inches of fresh snow on our tent in the Cabinet Mountains Wilderness. That put the planning, the gear acquisition, and excitement into full gear.

Unfortunately, I can't make the movie on the 18th. There's already so much going on in town that night!

Looking forward to learning here.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hi all.
I've been leaning towards BC and SC exploring for a few years, occasionally snowshoeing in to a spot ride a line. This is the year that I'm jumping on a splitboard, so we'll see how that goes.

Two weeks ago my wife and I woke up to a few inches of fresh snow on our tent in the Cabinet Mountains Wilderness. That put the planning, the gear acquisition, and excitement into full gear.

Unfortunately, I can't make the movie on the 18th. There's already so much going on in town that night!

Looking forward to learning here.

Bill... Welcome.. But nothing is as important as supporting the Avalanche Center that will help you make your BC & SC adventures safer!!! Riiiight!! :)

idsnowghost

Staff member
Hey guys, while I’ve had an account for a few years, I haven’t really posted much but after seeing how great a community was present at yugen I figured it’s time to take advantage of the site more!! Sandpoint local, live a few miles from Samuels gas station at the entrance to pack river drainage. Have a sled, member of caribou hut, and hiking off the backside of Schweitzer is my main go to. Use verts or drift Boards depending who I’m touring with. On instagram in the winter it’s chillersnosk8 and in the summer dirt_junky208.
Thanks for the site!
Mark

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hey guys, while I’ve had an account for a few years, I haven’t really posted much but after seeing how great a community was present at yugen I figured it’s time to take advantage of the site more!! Sandpoint local, live a few miles from Samuels gas station at the entrance to pack river drainage. Have a sled, member of caribou hut, and hiking off the backside of Schweitzer is my main go to. Use verts or drift Boards depending who I’m touring with. On instagram in the winter it’s chillersnosk8 and in the summer dirt_junky208.
Thanks for the site!
Mark

Right on Chiller!! I know you’ve been around a few years! Excited to have you more involved.

BtW.. what’s your thoughts if I can get Yügen up to SP in Nov with Rafa. Not likely to have a raffle, but showing and beer?!

PP