To any new members: Welcome!

Hey all! Avid splitboarder about to hybridize to a splitboarder/AT skier for the oft-difficult approaches and egresses here in Missoula and NW Montana..excited to add skiing, but still can't imagine the ride-feel overtaking my love of the board. Anywho, site looks awesome--excited to share in the beta!

My name is Isaac, and I'm new on this forum. I have not posted before or filled out a profile yet, but ill get to that soon. For now I am posting so I can view trip reports. Very glad to find such a great resource though. I've got some experience and avy training, and looking for new spots and partners. Thanks for being here, and hope to see some of y'all in the mountains!

Hey yall, I posted this same message already but realized I wanted a name other than my boring real name, so I am reposting this under my new name bestowed upon me by the Keeper of the Forests. Thanks for reading. My name is Isaac, and I'm new on this forum. I have not posted before or filled out a profile yet, but ill get to that soon. For now I am posting so I can view trip reports. Very glad to find such a great resource though. I've got some experience and avy training, and looking for new spots and partners. Thanks for being here, and hope to see some of y'all in the mountains!

Hey all,
I moved here a while back from Utah's Wasatch mountains and need to find some good touring spots. I live 15 minutes north of Sandpoint and work in Naples, if any one has info on tours up here that don't require a motor to get to it would be much appreciated! I was spoiled up BCC and LCC with parking at 8500' and need to find next weekend hide out bowl. It is good to be here and I'm excited to get out and play!

Hey ya'll!
Just joined the site to gain more beta on snowpack conditions and stability over a greater area. With this year being as "spooky" as it has, figured this might save me some trips getting skunked in the backcountry. Looking to meet cool people and find new terrain and routes. I'm located north of Spokane, but travel to BC and Montana frequently (and of course the lovely Panhandle). Great site so far, thanks!

Hey guys-
I am new to the area and was out exploring a couple weeks ago on St. Joe Baldy and ran into Big Z! He turned me onto the site, thank you sir! I have been skiing all my life but have little backcountry experience but I am super motivated to learn. I have all the gear, fyi. Mainly when I go out it is to fly a parachute down the slopes. Are there any speed flyers out there?
If anyone is going out to Baldy soon let me know.
Thanks

Hey everyone~
I just so happened to come across this site doing some research on Idaho panhandle skiing. I am a boarder and skier, I worked as a ski patroller for a few years and have been skiing and boarding all my life. I have done some backcountry, but would still consider myself a seasoned rookie when it comes to backcountry riding. I am one of the only adventurer out of my group of friends, so looking for some people I can link up and have some fun in the powder. Also I don't know really any of the spots to check out, besides schweitzer. Really glad I found this site and can't wait to get to know y'all and take some turns.

Hi All,

I am not from around here (I live outside of Montreal Quebec) but a friend and I will be spending a week hunting out spring snow and couloirs in early May. We are both pretty experienced mountaineers and backcountry skiers. Our last spring trip was to the Tetons where we spent an awesome 2 weeks climbing and skiing in the range. This year we are looking a little closer to my partners home (Calgary) and Idaho looks like a great place to be. Awesome skiing and lots of natural hot springs. So, i will be posting some questions looking for day trip options (sadly we only have a week to ski) and if ski partners are around and want to show a couple of Canadians around their back yard we would supply the beer! In the meantime i will be reading through the trip reports and getting familiar with the area.

Thanks for the forum, it looks like an amazing resource.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hi All,

I am not from around here (I live outside of Montreal Quebec) but a friend and I will be spending a week hunting out spring snow and couloirs in early May. We are both pretty experienced mountaineers and backcountry skiers. Our last spring trip was to the Tetons where we spent an awesome 2 weeks climbing and skiing in the range. This year we are looking a little closer to my partners home (Calgary) and Idaho looks like a great place to be. Awesome skiing and lots of natural hot springs. So, i will be posting some questions looking for day trip options (sadly we only have a week to ski) and if ski partners are around and want to show a couple of Canadians around their back yard we would supply the beer! In the meantime i will be reading through the trip reports and getting familiar with the area.

Thanks for the forum, it looks like an amazing resource.
WheatIPA.. Welcome aboard. Although I could sing praises for our area, much of it takes a lot of work to access.
Since you want Coulie's and a short time frame.. may I suggest heading to the Sawtooth range which is in South Central Idaho... East of Boise.
There is an awesome outfit down there called Sawtooth Mountain Guides. There are a couple tour reports in the TR section (just search Sawtooth). Mike & I have done a ski/splitboard mountaineering course with them and it is awesome. They do a lot of other programs, as well rent out their yurt to some extent.
Just want you to get the best bang for your time!

Cheers!
PP

WheatIPA.. Welcome aboard. Although I could sing praises for our area, much of it takes a lot of work to access.
Since you want Coulie's and a short time frame.. may I suggest heading to the Sawtooth range which is in South Central Idaho... East of Boise.
There is an awesome outfit down there called Sawtooth Mountain Guides. There are a couple tour reports in the TR section (just search Sawtooth). Mike & I have done a ski/splitboard mountaineering course with them and it is awesome. They do a lot of other programs, as well rent out their yurt to some extent.
Just want you to get the best bang for your time!

Cheers!
PP
PowderPanda! Thanks for the information. I was looking through some of the trip reports on here and multi day and sled access seems to be the rule. Unfortunately this time we are under a time crunch, next time we will bring the pulks ready for some multi day trips. As for the SMG group, i have looked through their website and the photos are what sold us on Idaho. Unfortunately money to hire a guide is not going to happen, we are pretty motivated and as long as we are pointed in the right direction have usually find the goods. We are looking for suggestions on maps/guides that might help us go in the right direction. We have the hot spring list nailed down now we just have to find a number of peaks to target for sweet spring corn (or powder, i am not picky!). I will check out the trip reports and ask some questions there.