Glacier National Park- Logan Pass Annual trip

PowderPanda

Staff member
Thank you for this Literature!! Gives us an idea of the snow right now. Looks like steeper terrain is fairly smooth.. also, no big runnels yet?!

Thank you for this Literature!! Gives us an idea of the snow right now. Looks like steeper terrain is fairly smooth.. also, no big runnels yet?!
Runnels don't seem to have formed much, but the suncups on the flats are getting silly. Some of the bigger, steeper lines do have serious wet slough runnels in them. As far as steep options go, both of the slots on Reynolds look good to go coverage wise, but I doubt the lower one will make it through the week. Most of the other worthy couloirs are missing snow on the runout. Pretty impressive to see how much snow has been lost since I was last up there.

idsnowghost

Staff member
Going to Glacier NP this weekend? Be ready for windy, much cooler/raw conditions, some snow on the higher peaks. A significant transition from well above normal temperatures to below normal temperatures will occur this weekend with a cold frontal passage. Given how warm it has been this will be a significant change.
Doesn't look like snow is expected at Logan Pass, but it good it's getting back to the 30's/40's at night again. Bring layers just incase the weather is cooler than expected.

Local paper is talking about a June 19th opening, but that's probably a full, side to side opening.

No indications yet as to what's happening this weekend. Keep those fingers crossed.

Local paper is talking about a June 19th opening, but that's probably a full, side to side opening.

No indications yet as to what's happening this weekend. Keep those fingers crossed.
So, if I'm abso-fricken-lutly set on skiing something this weekend maybe I should bring a bike?

Probably gonna head over tomorrow night and work/check out the area Friday before the shred begins.

idsnowghost

Staff member
We're on: Full access along west side of Sun Road is anticipated for June 11

The National Park Service announced Wednesday that the main thoroughfare in Glacier National Park, the Going-to-the-Sun Road, is expected to fully open on the west side on Thursday, June 11.

I'll be taking off from Spoko tomorrow AM. Plan on grabbing a campsite in the afternoon (likely the sprague creek CG if Avy is still closed). Can't promise anything, but I can attempt to hold a site if anyone is planning on getting in later. If you may be in need feel free to hit me up. Chris. 360.259.7022

idsnowghost

Staff member
I'll be taking off from Spoko tomorrow AM. Plan on grabbing a campsite in the afternoon (likely the sprague creek CG if Avy is still closed). Can't promise anything, but I can attempt to hold a site if anyone is planning on getting in later. If you may be in need feel free to hit me up. Chris. 360.259.7022
Look for Panda/Larry at Sprague Creek, I think he was trying to reserve some sites there today.. We'll be there this afternoon also.
Cya there!

Bring layers.. 30f at the pass overnight!