Wanted Where to buy new

Hi - where is a good place to buy new BC skiing equipment around Sandpoint - do you usually just buy online or is there a good store around Sandpoint that will do a good job of fitting etc. without gouging the bank? Thanks for your help!!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hi - where is a good place to buy new BC skiing equipment around Sandpoint - do you usually just buy online or is there a good store around Sandpoint that will do a good job of fitting etc. without gouging the bank? Thanks for your help!!

Oh.. I think you're limited up there. Alpine Shop does boot fitting, however when it comes to bc gear. I really don't even dabble up there.

Oh.. I think you're limited up there. Alpine Shop does boot fitting, however when it comes to bc gear. I really don't even dabble up there.
Thanks for your response! I’ve been recommended Atomic Backland 107, which are locally available - being new to this, welcome your views. Where do you buy skis and bindings online?

PowderPanda

Staff member
Thanks for your response! I’ve been recommended Atomic Backland 107, which are locally available - being new to this, welcome your views. Where do you buy skis and bindings online?
Well, I'm a splitter.. which is a bit different for the high end boards. For advise on actual gear, throw the post in the Alpine Tour Gear section, no doubt you'll get a bit more responses there.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Mark was a staple at Mountain Gear. He is starting a new adventure (Adventure 509) and is an awesome resource. This is also a good opportunity to support a new local small business
Does he have a physical location yet? Mark has been a staple in the community for decades, as he was the origianl owner of Vertical Earth in CDA.

I had heard a rumor he was going to open something! That’s awesome! I look forward to that!!!

@BJS I highly recommend going thru skimo.co out of salt lake. I’m sure their are tons of good options out there but those guys have done good by me for a few years now. Also just looking thru product reviews and questions on their site is a great way to hone in on what to buy. Btw I really want some of those atomic backland 107’s! cheers!

I buy my equipment at Powder 7 in Golden, CO....where I used to live. Would buy here, but very very limited.
They have everything, and are cool. Wish there were better options.

idsnowghost

Staff member
telemark-pyrenees.com is another good online retailer. Located in Europe so you can save a bit by importing or get hard to find products.

I've bought skis from them. Fast to ship, most items arrive in 3 or so days in my experience.