Where are the trails?

The only place I’ve been in the back country is Utah and Colorado. I sure could use a little guidance on where the trails are around here. I have a season pass at lookout and I would love to find somebody that wants to go out back in to St Regis basin with me.

PowderPanda

Staff member
The only place I’ve been in the back country is Utah and Colorado. I sure could use a little guidance on where the trails are around here. I have a season pass at lookout and I would love to find somebody that wants to go out back in to St Regis basin with me.
Having a season pass helps a lot for access to the backcountry there. Just be sure to do your due diligence with regards to terrain, there is a lot of avy terrain back there. But super fun area! Check the Trip reports and seach it, you'll find reports for there.

Yes I have been watching the report. My main thing right now is that I need a partner. I can see the dangers back there and can see a giant playground. I am into playing safe though.

PowderPanda

Staff member
I have seen a lot of members are getting connected for tours, especially through that area, West Willow and Training Grounds. Silver has some nice lift access stuff, but alas a full day ticket needed.
All the other lines, really need snow transportation.

West willow? Training grounds?
I had a partner lined up that new some spots but she hurt her knee. Hopefully someone sees this and wants to be kind to me. What about you powder panda?

PowderPanda

Staff member
West willow? Training grounds?
I had a partner lined up that new some spots but she hurt her knee. Hopefully someone sees this and wants to be kind to me. What about you powder panda?
LoL.. If you have a sled, I can take you to some staple grounds. I did all the stuff in that corridor pre-sled days. Now I'm spoiled. UT & CO are fortunate as there are many lines that can be accessed without sleds and easy access.

I know there are several peeps with numbers on the Tour Partner section. Sorry about your other partners knee. That sucks.

Welcome. Only ski resorts now pretty much, but while in CO did Loveland Pass, Berthoud Pass, Tucker Mountain before cat skiing ruined it and Monarch.