What Avy Transceiver do you use?

PowderPanda

Staff member
I'm curious what transceiver members are using and how long have you had it.

For me, time for a new one. I have 2 currently:
1. Pieps Optifinder (Which I use as a practice beacon)
2. BCA Tracker2 (which I have now had for 8 years and beacons have increased in abilities a lot in that time).

I definitely believe that you should not be using an old analog or single antenna beacon any longer as the time for searching is too long.

Let me know your preferences and why.

Cheers!
PP

I'm interested to hear these responses as well.

Ortovox 3+ here. This will be my third year with it. I like it because it's very easy to use and has great battery life. I believe ortovox currently has a promo going where you can trade in any old beacon and receive a $75 credit towards a new 3+.

(2) Mammut Pulse.

FWIW - If you are concerned about continued product development and support, Mammut has updated the software nearly every other year and select dealers have the ability to install the OS. I have paid Mountain Gear to update the software on them over the years.

BCA Tracker 2. I've only had it a couple years and it seems to work great. Has multiple burial settings as well.

If anyone has an old beacon or two let me know. Id like to pick up a couple cheap practice beacons.

PowderPanda

Staff member
OK folks,
I just got the new Arva Axio. It has some great reviews. Just started learning about it, so I'll let you know more later.
Here is the size compared to the BCA Tracker 2. About the same width but a tad shorter.

IMG_5824.jpg

IMG_5829.jpg

IMG_5830.JPG

IMG_5824.jpg

IMG_5829.jpg

After a ton of research and fondling a bunch, I ended up buying the BCA Tracker3. Fit every criteria I was looking for in a beacon, pricing wasn't bad either.