Tiny Mo Pros: Backcountry Racks

Yesterday I took my newly purchase 2005 Ski-Doo (1000cc, 163 track) sled out into the Backcountry of the Kettle River Range, by Sherman Pass, Wa. I rode it north on Albian Hill road into a spot near the base of Copper Butte (7000ft). The main reason was to test out the stability of my new Tiny Mo Pros (snowboard and ski racks for snowmobiles). I gave them a good shake up treatment with a pair of skis on one side and a snowboard on the other. On all that crust neither the skis or the snowboard even budged. I can't imagine anything being better than this to carry snow sticks out into the backcountry. Plenty room for more gear between the boards too. Super stoked and happy with these racks! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

In your travels up that way, did you happen to get a look a Sherman peak and Snow Peak? What's coverage look like from the trailhead?

Oh yeah, nice rack!

Yeah, that one peak in the pic is Sherman Peak summit, as seen from the highway. Sherman is a peak that needs a ton of coverage. I've ridden 360 degrees of that peak in all types of conditions and it has a lot of down timber, but when its deep its awesome! A much much better option at Sherman Pass for early season or shallow snow is the east faces of Wapaloosie Mountain (Juicy Lucy) or Copper Butte (Bowling Alley).. They are steep, timber free and almost all grass 1000 ft clear lines. They are just much further approaches, on the north side of the highway on Albian Hill Rd..

PowderPanda

Staff member
Really liking the whole package of those racks! Doesn't look like it would put too much pressure on any one section of the edges as I have seen with other racks.