The Wardner Peak Uphill Downhill Uphill Downhill (Rando Race 3/19)

idsnowghost

Staff member
Join us at PanhandleBackcountry.com for Silver Mountain Resort's first annual "Wardner Peak Uphill Downhill Uphill Downhill" race on March 19th! It's good to see a rando race back in the area after several years of absence, hopefully this will become a fun annual event here in the Inland NW! Look for the PanhandleBackcountry.com booth and say hi/grab a sticker!

12717554_10153932374059539_6572312192749978548_n.jpg

Details:
  • 1800 feet of climbing split between two ascents
  • 2 mile course length
  • 3 transitions
  • Registration also includes a Drink Voucher for use at the Finish Line Snow Bar!
Entry fee is $20 ($25 day of), with both open and leisure race classes.

Event information page: http://www.silvermt.com/Winter/Wardner-Peak-Uphill-Downhill
Advanced tickets (save $5): http://store.silvermt.com/product-p/event-uphill-downhill.htm

Any questions can be sent to Willy Bartlett (@H7ht on panhandle) or willyb@silvermt.com

PowderPanda

Staff member
Is purchase of a lift ticket required in addition to the entry fee or does the entry fee include first class transportation to the start line (preferably via heli)?

Ha.. Sorry Moose.. Ticket required to ride! I think you should go.. you'd kill it on the switch-over!!! LMAO

idsnowghost

Staff member
Is purchase of a lift ticket required in addition to the entry fee or does the entry fee include first class transportation to the start line (preferably via heli)?
Sounds like there will be some type of gondola/lift ticket discount. Details are still being ironed out but probably around $35.

Anybody participating in this? Looks like it'll be the last nice day before the uh, ahem, precipitation moves back in...
I'm gonna give it a go...and take it ridiculously seriously. So please don't distract me pre-race while I mentally prepare.

Should be a lot of fun! And you're right that it will be a beautiful day.

I'm gonna give it a go...and take it ridiculously seriously. So please don't distract me pre-race while I mentally prepare.

Should be a lot of fun! And you're right that it will be a beautiful day.

Since you are taking this so seriously I expect to see you in spandex from head to toe!