Stevens PK Tour

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hey folks… We want to get a little continent of Panhandle peeps to go on a tour to Stevens PK about the first weekend or 2nd weekend in May. We are looking for a nice sunny day to get in there. The objective is to get to the back to the couloir or big snowfields that flank it.

Crampons may be useful…

Get on here and give a shout out if you'd like to head out. This is one spot I have not gotten to and would love to.

I've been planning to do the same thing so I'm totally in! But i'm really limited as far as dates, i only have the 2nd saturday in may open for those weekends

PowderPanda

Staff member
JasonK and Garrett, we will make updates as we get closer. It will mostly come down to weather conditions for when we get back there.

Took this pic of it today from Un-Named peak above Glidden lake! Her belly looks full!! IMG-20140425-00085.jpg

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hey Teledance.. Glad to see you back from the sunny side of the world!!
I also want to get in Thompson Pass as well.. I know Mike is dying to hit it.

I might be able to swing this! I have my new split board back from Jones (actually upped the model year for me, to a '14.) I still have to put my bindings on the board. Ideally, I would like to get up to Lookout for a "test n' tune" session, so that I don't slow others down, fiddling with bindings etc. (different set-back between the model years..)

Panda, I am rocking the Sparks Afterburners. Not difficult to set up (I love these bindings and will probably rock the One Binding system on my resort boards, to be able to run the Sparks on them too.)

PowderPanda

Staff member
Nice… Love my Sparks too.. I have Karakorums too.. But they break every other tour. Also a new company out of NZ (Ranger Bindings) is making a binding that he is behind on due to one man show. I'll have them at some point to try and destroy.. LoL If it lasts a season with me.. It's good stuff!
I just got some TLT6 Mountains too..Have 2 days on it, but still working on the binding interface. I also need new soft board boots as all mine have hit the wall. Get out with us so we can talk split gear.. Most everyone is a ski tourer, so it's nice to talk split board gear. lol

Sounds like a plan! I have never done any real super late season touring. Any advice for wax, other than warm temp stuff? I am running the Sparks version of the G3 skins and have found them to still leave a little residue after pulling the skins off. If bad, I will use a little rub on flouro.

Sorry, if this is a highjack of the thread!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hertyl Spring Solution, $50 a whack.. but the best stuff besides Zardoz rub on.

Do tyou have tail clips on your skins? If not.. get some soon. Tailclips are life savers!!

That's OK to highjack.. We're not anal about how threads go! LoL

idsnowghost

Staff member
Don't worry about the residue, it skis off quickly.

Hertyl Spring Solution, $50 a whack.. but the best stuff besides Zardoz rub on.
Spring Solution works great. Once the snow consolidates your enemies are more tree pollen and dirt, rather than slushy snow. This wax works great for filthy snow.

For pure slush, I haven't found anything better than Butter. It's a soft rub-on wax overlay and lasts for a few runs: http://www.dominatorwax.com/products/butter

idsnowghost

Staff member
Stevens Peak is still loaded, and we are still trying to find the right weekend day for this.

5/12:
stevenspeak.jpg

Yesterday from the South:
stevens.jpg

Oh man that first pic looks like it is still so sick! Would anyone be interested in going midweek sometime next week whenever weather is looking decent?