Spring Day trip suggestions

Hi gang,

I have a rare day off tomorrow. (Even with the covid stuff I’m working, blessing and a curse)

Anyway, I have very limited BC experience but figured the avy danger is low enough now.

I would love to hear of some suggestions for a day trip...(hike up and ski down) that would be great for a beginner. I live in Spokane so I was thinking either heading up to 49 north or out toward lookout pass.

Directions to the trailhead and tips on difficulty would be great...I’m a newbie. I hike and ski in the Bear tooth pass region in MT every summer for a weekend but that’s all the BC experience I have. I’ll be rockn’ alpine gear...don’t have an AT binding setup yet.

PowderPanda

Staff member
@Sawtooth Tiger
With little experience and no AT setup, best to keep things mellow. Hit the resorts, as they will be the easiest for access. Unfortunately, if you're not skinning the amount of vertical will be limited.
Start getting gear setup this summer while on sale. best times are from June - August. Note, if this CV stuff continues, AT/Backcountry gear will become gold and sales will not be as fruitful as we've come accustomed to in the summer.
Cheers,
PP

Plenty of people walking up at Lookout yesterday, I used skins but didn't wax them so by the time I did it was a bit late only 2 run day.