South Hill bluff

OMG, I had a dream last night about skiing the bluff. Now I may have to switch my bindings over to my "rock" splitboard and hit it tomorrow.

20170102_100300.jpg I skied it last Monday, traversed from Hatch over to 33rdish. It was pretty windblown and boney, much better lower and in the trees. Didn't have my helmet but instantly longed for it (and my rock skis) once I saw the grass and rocks...probably 'heavenly' now in comparison:)

More of an exploratory trek than anything and as close to backyard skiing as I can get.....

Got in another 3 laps on Wednesday, last one was a night run with the headlamp. Super fun. I think the snow will hold thru tomorrow but as soon as this cold snap breaks the sun will cook it and its sayonara for now.

So stoked I got a chance to walk 1000' feet from my house and ride in the "backcountry" LOL. Viva La Nina!!

2017-01-13_1247.png

Haven't rode it this year but it sounds promising. Lapped it for two weeks strait back in the 08-09 winter after the big dump. It's short & sweet. I found back then to not cut to hard, just float it! In Calgary & Edmonton they have ski lifts up their bluffs. It's kind of funny.