Snow Peak Cabin, Sherman Pass

A buddy and I are headed in to the cabin in a couple weeks and I'm trying to get some info on the trek in and overall snow conditions. Any info will be helpful. Thanks

A buddy and I are headed in to the cabin in a couple weeks and I'm trying to get some info on the trek in and overall snow conditions. Any info will be helpful. Thanks
The trek in is a 5ish mile traverse without a whole lot of climbing. The snow on north aspects is just now making for good skiing. Skied the NE bowl of Sherman on Saturday and had great powder turns all the way to the road. What little we could see of the south and west aspects suggested it needs 2-4 more feet (lots of talus still visible). We couldn't get eyes on Snow Pk but I imagine the north aspects would be ready to go.

If you get good visibility, take some pics and share them here, I'd love to see how things fill in!

Been in several times and found a new route that saved a lot of work. On the way in, you go around sherman peak to the saddle between sherman and snow peak and then around snow peak to the second saddle between snow peak and bald where the cabin is. The 5 mile traverse isn't bad, but the way we went in last year was way better. Do the first two or so miles until you get to the saddle between Sherman and Snow Peak. Then climb up toward the summit/ridgeline of Snow Peak instead of continuing to traverse at the lower elevation. You can get high enough to take off your skins and ski downhill, make a few turns with a lot of traversing and ski right into the cabin. Shorter mileage and gets you off that consistent side hill. I'm actually heading in next weekend so can give a snow report.

The trek in is a 5ish mile traverse without a whole lot of climbing. The snow on north aspects is just now making for good skiing. Skied the NE bowl of Sherman on Saturday and had great powder turns all the way to the road. What little we could see of the south and west aspects suggested it needs 2-4 more feet (lots of talus still visible). We couldn't get eyes on Snow Pk but I imagine the north aspects would be ready to go.

If you get good visibility, take some pics and share them here, I'd love to see how things fill in!
Thanks for the info. I've heard from several people that the skiing off Sherman has been good so we plan to lap it a couple times during the trip. Hopefully the other aspects get a little more coverage before we head in. Ill definitely post some pics after the trip.

Been in several times and found a new route that saved a lot of work. On the way in, you go around sherman peak to the saddle between sherman and snow peak and then around snow peak to the second saddle between snow peak and bald where the cabin is. The 5 mile traverse isn't bad, but the way we went in last year was way better. Do the first two or so miles until you get to the saddle between Sherman and Snow Peak. Then climb up toward the summit/ridgeline of Snow Peak instead of continuing to traverse at the lower elevation. You can get high enough to take off your skins and ski downhill, make a few turns with a lot of traversing and ski right into the cabin. Shorter mileage and gets you off that consistent side hill. I'm actually heading in next weekend so can give a snow report.
Some great info! We'll definitely be taking the higher route up snow peak. Thanks! We're headed in Sunday so hopefully we cross paths on the skin in to chat about your trip.