Scotchman Peak Spring Ascent (5/4)

idsnowghost

Staff member
The Friends of Scotchman Peak Wilderness is leading a guided/group ascent of Scotchman Peak a couple weekends from now (Saturday, May 4). Unfortunately, I'm not sure I'll be healed up enough by then but looks fun for next year:

Snowshoe, ski or snowboard the tallest peak in the Scotchman Peaks. This is the 8th
annual Scotchman Peak winter hike. Generally, the trailhead is inaccessible this time of year, adding 2.5 miles each way and 500 vertical (making a total of 4,200 vertical!). This is for the extremely fit adventurers only!
Round trip, 12 miles. Elevation gain, 3700 feet.

Jim and Sandii Mellen

208-265-5261

This sounds like fun! If anyone wants to get in on this trip, let me know. I have climbed it during the dry season and the terrain looks promising...except that gnarly back side! Goat Peak area? I think the snow should hold on enough till then to make this a great trip; albeit a lung buster...

PowderPanda

Staff member
Shane,
First... Welcome aboard.. Glad to have you here!!! I would love to do this.. Not sure I can this year due to work as I am covering a larger area as a new person is trained and Mike is recovering from a bad injury he incurred in Dec (but healing nicely).