Schweitzer backcountry map

I was recently told that someone on the forum has made a map of some of the different choice lines off the schweitzer backcountry. I haven't been able to find it, can someone point me in the right direction?

Recently relocated from Utah in the past year and am looking to get my feet wet in the backcountry up here.

Pray for snow!

PowderPanda

Staff member
I was recently told that someone on the forum has made a map of some of the different choice lines off the schweitzer backcountry. I haven't been able to find it, can someone point me in the right direction?

Recently relocated from Utah in the past year and am looking to get my feet wet in the backcountry up here.

Pray for snow!
Hey @Hendy27 if you go into the search function here, you can find it in there. It was probably 5 years ago. I don't recall the user name off the top of my head, young guy that moved away a few years after.
That said, if you use any map app, pretty easy to work out a trip there. Just be aware that the cat operation is out there. I do know the map did not outline their permit area.

Cheers,
PP

If you can't find it, I would suggest taking a look via Google Earth at the resort and look for the scree/boulder fields that are close to the resort boundary. That's a good place to start your roaming. Going where everyone else goes back there isn't always the best. Also, figure out where the cat operation is going and go to the opposite end of the resort to start your adventure. Or, go to the areas they can't get out of by cat. They can chew up turf awfully fast and they don't take fall lines worth a darn. They start out on one side of a bowl, and the next thing ya know, they are on the other side, on the same run.
Just my 2 cents worth, (of course, given the recent inflation, it's probably only worth 1 cent;~)