Sagle area & Schweitzer side country

Hi Everyone!

im heading to the area next Wednesday thru Sunday and was looking for some general info on routes. Am staying in Sagle and saw gold, butler and bucktail peaks on CalTopo (anyone ever do either for a mellow warm up day if there’s not a ton of bushwhacking)? Also- here for any reco’s on Schweitzer side country (even blue, keokee, atlasta), or anyone looking to head out with me! I’m with a group but I know they want to get the value of their ikon pass - I’m more interested in exploring. Reach me here or ig dm— @kimkla. Avi 2, wfr and the eastern sierra is my local zone

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hi Everyone!

im heading to the area next Wednesday thru Sunday and was looking for some general info on routes. Am staying in Sagle and saw gold, butler and bucktail peaks on CalTopo (anyone ever do either for a mellow warm up day if there’s not a ton of bushwhacking)? Also- here for any reco’s on Schweitzer side country (even blue, keokee, atlasta), or anyone looking to head out with me! I’m with a group but I know they want to get the value of their ikon pass - I’m more interested in exploring. Reach me here or ig dm— @kimkla. Avi 2, wfr and the eastern sierra is my local zone
Super long approaches without a sled, you have a pass to access the terrain around Schizz. Not sure it's doable anymore, some people used to park and climb up from the SE side of the village homes. But it is private property and they don't aren't open to people going through there anymore.
As noted by Tinyworld in the General Post "Access for touring east side of Priest lake" is quite the same from Sagle.. super long for this time of year.

Cheers!
PP