Pray For Snow…

PowderPanda

Staff member
This is getting depressing… We get some short shots this next week. There seems to be a weird elongated high pressure that is off the coast which systems are hitting and breaking up North and South. I see a nice tap of moisture way out in the Pacific that is coming almost straight from Japan.. If that doesn't get broken up, it could land some good precip into our backyard! I'm hoping this ridge gets broken down to allow that baby through!!

http://weather.unisys.com/satellite/sat_vis.php?image=enh&inv=0&t=l12&region=he

PowderPanda

Staff member
Depressing is right. I'm afraid that if we don't get the goods in the next couple of weeks, we will truly be screwed headed into our historically dry month of January.
Randy, The one thing that usually happens is it slams toward the end of season.. Guess I'll have to wait to take time off until then. Ha Trying to look to the bright side..

My guess is the resorts are going to suck pretty much all season. Also, next summer there will be some insane deals on winter gear!

Yeah burning stuff, even if it doesn't work, is always fun. The resorts, I'm sure, are in a panic. Christmas break is their profit for the year. A couple of bad years in a row and who knows we might start losing some. Not to mention all of the local retailers. And we dodged having a season like this last year buy one storm in the middle of November. Certainly hope this isn't our developing long term trend. Total bummer. One of the only sports I know that is completely at the mercy of the weather. I'm still doing bike rides that I have normally packed up long ago.

PowderPanda

Staff member
You're right Randy.. The retailers are hurting right now. More so as the resorts are really fully operational. If they were semi.. then the retailers would get shop work!

This is pitiful. I've even used the following voodoo:
- flushing an ice cube down the shitter
- putting ice cubes on the front porch
- wearing my pajamas inside out (and actually wearing pajamas)
- sleeping with a spoon under my pillow
- running around my coffee table five times
- performing three variations of snow dances
- sacrificing my (unborn) first born to ULLR
....and nothing

I'm running out of ideas. Any recommendations?