Partners for Saturday Feb 1st, Lookout Pass Area

We have a group of at least 3 guys looking to get out somewhere around the Stevens Peak/St Regis Bowl area this weekend. 2 of us are Avalanche 1 certified, but none of us have toured in the Lookout Pass area, so we were hoping to find a partner/partners that know the area. Where we go in the Lookout Pass area really depends on the avy conditions with this new storm, and the avalanche bulletin on Friday. The location is really flexible right now. We are all coming from Hayden, and hoping to leave relatively early.

And if we can't find any partners, any sort of advice will be really appreciated!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Garrett,
I'll review what's going on with weather and maybe get in that.. I'll most likely sled access to the bridge though. I do have a rope tow.. I'll see if MikeyB wants to get out there too.
Looking at weather pattern.. might be good. Slow levels low, but the snow amounts reduce after Fri morn. Should have some settling of the snow pack by then. Still a nasty layer from the last 2 weeks of high pressure. Have to see what the Avy report says as well as pit analysis..

Garrett,
Shane and I will be getting out on Saturday; need to talk about where but we haven't hit the basin yet this year. Will chat with Sir Shane and get back to you guys tomorrow. Mr. Banks, lets do it! Need to make some turns together still!

Larry is out skiing Silver today, the bum. And Shane is working. I will let you know or someone will as soon as its established. I may go ski Lookout tomorrow inbounds with a little poaching if its sweet. Welcome to join then as well.

MountainmaniacID, I might do the same thing tomorrow!
Hey Bobby, hit me up if you want to meet up. Tickets are cheap on liftopia. Will be there before they open. Just give me a call or text. Max 208-874-7122

same goes for anyone else that wants to meet up and meet some new folks. Will be in freaken orange pants and a snowcamo coat, red helmet. I stick out like a sore thumb.

So I am gonna try to get this finalized... so with the group that we have, would my party of 3 be able to be towed in, or should we get the one ride lift ticket at lookout?
And should we meet in the lookout parking lot? And when?

Garret, sled is loaded and gear packed. My buddy and I will be leaving Spokane at 7am (ish). So we plan to drive straight through to the lookout parking lot. We've only ever towed one person at a time so don't know if we can get your whole group. Any word from Mike and PowderPanda? If we had multiple sleds it seems doable.

idsnowghost

Staff member
Larry and I are split between Burke and St Regis for tomorrow..

Will make the call in the morning, either way we will be in one of those lots around 9am?

I'd suggest the single ride ticket (is it still $5?) at Lookout if the sled tow doesn't pan out.

We are planning for 9am also. Sounds like we'll see some of you there. We'll be in a gray 2000 Tundra with an ugly orange Arctic Cat M8 in the bed.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Yes… AWESOME day… Sorry I didn't see ya Garrett, but we did end up charging the slope next to yours on Sat!!!
Brandon,
I'll get some pix out soon. PM me your email addy and I'll send ya all I have.. It was great having you and Dilly along for the ride!!!