Northern Rockies Snow and Avalanche Workshop 2016

Discussion in 'General' started by idsnowghost, Sep 8, 2016.

1. idsnowghost

idsnowghost Staff Member

The 6th annual Northern Rockies Avalanche Safety Workshop returns to Whitefish, Montana again this year on November 5th. NRSAW is a one-day gathering of avalanche professionals and winter backcountry enthusiasts.

Our members have been making the easy/scenic drive over for the workshop the past four years and it always ends up to be a worthwhile and informative event with top notch avy professionals speaking. (Here's the list of speakers) -- and as a bonus our members always manage to win some of the better raffle prizes. ;)

Looks like it will be held at a new venue this year, located in "downtown":

Northern Rockies Snow and Avalanche Workshop on Saturday, November 5, 2016 at the O'Shaughnessy Cultural Arts Center in Whitefish, Montana from 9:00 am - 4:00pm

Registration is $25 ($30 at the door): http://www.flatheadavalanche.org/class/northern-rockies-snow-and-avalanche-workshop-registration

More details on the workshop, raffle and speakers: http://www.flatheadavalanche.org/basic-page/northern-rockies-avalanche-safety-workshop
  2. raynord22

raynord22

I'm signed up and ready to win a pair of skis!
    IdahoSnow, k.p0w, PowderPanda and 2 others like this.
  3. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

Won't make ya any better Devin!!! Hahaha.
    Seriously.. Would be sweet for ya to win.
    idsnowghost, Brandon and raynord22 like this.
  4. teledance

teledance

Paid, now just have to see if I can go.
    IdahoSnow, PowderPanda and raynord22 like this.
  5. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

Hey folks.. a note.. S.O.L.E is also in the raffle this year at NRSAW giving out a Youth (16-25yrs) Level I avalanche class!

http://www.flatheadavalanche.org/basic-page/nrasw-raffle-items

AIARE Level 1 Youth Voucher (Ages 16 - 25) through our for Kip Rand AIARE Level 1 Youth Scholarship Fund good for any of SOLE's upcoming AIARE Level 1's for the 2016-2017 season, for ages 16 - 25 y/o.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
    IdahoSnow likes this.
  6. Who all is going this year?
  7. Going. Thinking about taking the train over.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  8. Taking the empire 28 train over and the empire 27 train home Saturday night. If anyone wants to meet up for beers after the event shoot me a message. The train doesn't leave Whitefish until 9 pm so Ill have some time for some food and drink before the ride.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  9. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

Why time does your train get in on Friday? Send ya a PM
    raynord22 and IdahoSnow like this.
  10. Train gets in to Whitefish at 7 am Saturday morning.
    PowderPanda likes this.
  11. teledance

teledance

Headed to Sdpt Friday, and then to Libby for the night. Coming back Sunday
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2016
    PowderPanda, IdahoSnow and raynord22 like this.
  12. raynord22

raynord22

I'm driving a crew out that is arriving late Friday night.
    PowderPanda and IdahoSnow like this.
  13. PowderPanda

PowderPanda Staff Member

Devin, keep me posted. I'll be drinking! ;-)
    Brandon and raynord22 like this.
  14. Will be a game time decision for me, due to work. Looking good but if I go, I will head out late Friday afternoon and stay till Sunday morning.
    raynord22 and IdahoSnow like this.
  15. Hop on the train with us Bobby! Leaves Sat at 230 am and leave whitefish on Sun at 900 pm. You can ride up to Sandpoint with me if you want. Tickets are $34 each way. Cheaper than gas. I am on train 28 to whitefish and train 27 coming home.
  16. This is Jared McFarland if you didn't recognize my PHBC alias...
    Bobby Tarr likes this.
  17. Nope.. didn't recognize the pic, lol!!
    IdahoSnow likes this.
  18. mooseknuckles

mooseknuckles

Registered. Based on my "order number" you all better stay home or else no one will any items in the raffle. I promise to share my winnings if none of you show up. If I see any of you there, all bets are off and I keep 100% of everything I win. Don't say I didn't offer.
  19. Have fun guys, and drink a beer for me! I've got 20 exhilarating hours of sitting in a continuing education class coming my way this weekend - woohoo!
  20. I'm registered, also on the train from Spokane. See you there Jared and co!
    IdahoSnow likes this.