Lost split board.

Ha ha , not really any story to tell. We attempted a tour up Tiger Peak this weekend and did not go the way we were directed to go due to the house with the crazy old man blocking the trail. Needless to say we did not make it to the top and I did a lot of boot packing on the lower section. And when we got back to the car I stuck my board in the snowbank and took my boots off and drove away. Luckily the person I was riding with that day lives in Wallace And was able to run up there and find my board still in the snowbank.

Ha ha , not really any story to tell. We attempted a tour up Tiger Peak this weekend and did not go the way we were directed to go due to the house with the crazy old man blocking the trail. Needless to say we did not make it to the top and I did a lot of boot packing on the lower section. And when we got back to the car I stuck my board in the snowbank and took my boots off and drove away. Luckily the person I was riding with that day lives in Wallace And was able to run up there and find my board still in the snowbank.
Well glad to hear it was recovered... I figured you somehow lost it on the mtn, which i've had partners do before.

I haven't dealt with the old guy. His wife isn't too bad, when I first moved here she was nice enough to point at the trailhead out her window when I was walking around at 5am. LOL. I bet it gets annoying having folks start tours daily next to your house. Would be a killer AIR BNB rental though.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Mainly, the couple at that house want people to be respectful of their property and privacy.
Not blocking their drive area (Parking across the street in the area the plow creates for parking) and picking up litter.

In the decade+ of touring that area, I've had nothing but positive interactions with the couple.

That is mostly what I've heard and I'm guessing the person who said differently didn't do their part to keep the peace. Thank you for your input. So would you normally access the route by going in just to the left of the garage? Looks like a narrow passage.

PowderPanda

Staff member
That is mostly what I've heard and I'm guessing the person who said differently didn't do their part to keep the peace. Thank you for your input. So would you normally access the route by going in just to the left of the garage? Looks like a narrow passage.
Yes, that's the spot. I believe there is a vehicle parked there, to keep sleds from trying to run up that access.
Also, just being quiet, not blaring music at the car, and giving a hardy wave.. I've talked to the guy a few times. He's really pretty cool. Just doesn't like disrespectful people. A lot of cars will build up down at the bottom there and block his access as well as litter or "noise pollution".

This week should be a good week to get up in there. Be sure to read the forecast and dig a pit. Would love to have any info reported of any avy activity in the area.

Cheers,
PP