Looking for backcountry partners

I recently bought a backcountry set up and I am looking for some people I could learn from. I have spent many years in the wilderness and have recently moved to the NW and I really want to learn all I can about touring. My goal is to get super proficient so I can ski down from mountaineering climbs. I also just want to have a lot of fun and meet new people. Let me know if you have any questions. I have taken AVI awareness and plan on taking AVI this coming year. I also have WFR and a few other certs.

Great to hear you got a set up, are planning to take an level one class, and are stoked to get out. The Spokane Mountaineers usually (calendar is still being developed) put on some good outings that anyone can join (they have a nice "try before you buy" format), folks link up here on the panhandle some, and www.backcountryskifriends.com gathers and post various opportunities in the area if you sign-up. Hope to catch you slopeside this winter once the snow stacks up!

Hey Chris, welcome. I am new to area as well, but come from Colorado/NM Mountains. I plan on riding Schweitzer as much as possible and touring everywhere I can this winter/Spring. I'm looking for peeps/groups to ride with around here as well. I'm doing the Avy Level 1 January 16-19 in Sandpoint/Schweitzer. If you're interested in that, let me know. Feel free to reach out whenever, always game to get out there.

Hey Chris and Patrick. I will be moving to the area next month. Originally from MN but have lived in Wyoming/Utah/Colorado the past 7 years. Have Avy training and looking for people to tour with since I jumped ship on my A Basin pass and probably not going to get a new one in Spokane this year. Always down to tour on the weekends once I have settled.

Yea man I'm down. I'm working ski patrol, so only have Saturday and Sundays off. Me and patrick try and get out pretty often on the weekends. Hit me up when you are wanting to get out and maybe we can all figure something out. 8287138925

I’m looking for people to tour with on Saturday’s and would love to join you guys if possible. I took Avy 1 last year but haven’t been able to go out since then.