Wanted looking for a used splitboard setup

Hello All,
I am new to split boarding, and this site. I am looking for a used riding set up to get into the sport this coming season. I am about 6 foot and 180 pounds. I have many years experience riding, but not splitboarding.

David

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hello All,
I am new to split boarding, and this site. I am looking for a used riding set up to get into the sport this coming season. I am about 6 foot and 180 pounds. I have many years experience riding, but not splitboarding.

David
Welcome to the site David!
What size board do you usually ride? Also, thoughts of about how much you want to $$, there are a lot of good deals out right now on last year splits. Not full set-ups, but good deals on boards. BTW, these deals will end in roughly 30 days though. Prices are certainly to go up once Oct hits.

Welcome to the site David!
What size board do you usually ride? Also, thoughts of about how much you want to $$, there are a lot of good deals out right now on last year splits. Not full set-ups, but good deals on boards. BTW, these deals will end in roughly 30 days though. Prices are certainly to go up once Oct hits.
Hello Panda!

Thanks for the response! I ride a 159 now. I get along pretty well with it, but a slightly longer board may be better for backcountry stuff. I know that a split setup can get really expensive, that's why I was searching for used gear to get started with. However, if you think I could get last years gear on sale I would definitely be interested in that too. Any suggestions would be great. -David

PowderPanda

Staff member
Oh Yuk.... It's a 148. Which is SUPER small. Ya might check with them to make sure that's the correct size posted.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Note: I am seeing a lot of people on craiglist in other areas posting boards and then saying it's worth "$$$" retail.. Well, ya aint retail.. Also, if they are selling Spark "Pin" bindings, knock a chunk off for that. They're good, but the new Tesla system is the bomb.
If they are selling with Karakorum that are not the Prime, don't spend top dollar (If you want my personal opinion on those bindings, send me a PM) they're not worth it.

Note: I am seeing a lot of people on craiglist in other areas posting boards and then saying it's worth "$$$" retail.. Well, ya aint retail.. Also, if they are selling Spark "Pin" bindings, knock a chunk off for that. They're good, but the new Tesla system is the bomb.
If they are selling with Karakorum that are not the Prime, don't spend top dollar (If you want my personal opinion on those bindings, send me a PM) they're not worth it.
Karakorum owner: Karakorums suck.

David,
I have a 162 Voile Revelator with medium Spark Magneto bindings and G3 high traction skins in good condition @$500. Good lightweight setup; I just rode it up and down Mt. Adams 2 months ago. PM me if interested.

matthew