ISSW

Hello everyone, I'm posting this on my way back from the international snow science workshop (ISSW). Lots of awesome knowledge from the top snow scientists, guides and patrollers in the world. I'm still trying to process all the info but a few highlights that come to mind include a basic Avalanche education website called whiterisk.org that is a good way to brush up on basic skills or get introduced to Avalanche basics. Another talk focused on how ineffective taking the temps are in your snowpit, apparently the long wave radiation from the sun makes your surface temp up to 6 degrees off and furthermore if there are ice layers in the snow it can hold large TG's near it that you can't detect. Another thing I noticed was how much the forecast centers all over the country used public input in there forecast, it doesn't have to be a scientific observation but just anything you notice about the snow. There were many more talks and when I'm done traveling back I will post more if anyone is interested. All in all it got me stoked for winter!