Idaho/Montana I-90 Corridor

PowderPanda

Staff member
Only on Lookout pass resort last Thursday. Was still thin. Was up at Mt Roothaan on Saturday, it was deep there.
After these next series of storms, the grass slopes in the corridor area should be real good (Glidden Ridge area, Behind lookout, East & West Willow pk's) most likely.. Sucks, because ya don't know for sure until you go! LoL

Only on Lookout pass resort last Thursday. Was still thin. Was up at Mt Roothaan on Saturday, it was deep there.
After these next series of storms, the grass slopes in the corridor area should be real good (Glidden Ridge area, Behind lookout, East & West Willow pk's) most likely.. Sucks, because ya don't know for sure until you go! LoL
Have any photos from that Roothaan trip?

On Sunday I skinned from the hairpin to St Regis Pass, and up the road/trail to about 5800' on the ridge between St Regis Basin and E Willow. The snow was thin, there was no way to make it down into either basin without some epic windfall and brush skiing hahaha.
That will change soon if this weather pattern keeps up.

A friend and I were able to drive down to the furthest parking area for West Willow on Thanksgiving. Coverage looked thin enough from the lot to call it and hit Lookout for a few laps. This weeks and last weekends weather action might have been just enough for West Willow to be viable but like PowderPanda said there is only one way to know for sure, haha. I'll probably give it another week at least before I head back.