Hey does anybody have any tips on skiing Bockman Peak in the Cabinets?

Thinkin about making the drive up to libby to look for snow. Wondering if any of you guys have experience or have heard of any tips on accessing the high skiiable stuff near Snowshoe peak. I have skiied into leigh lake via the trail and climbed the ridge to the south but have heard of better approach where one would start up the trail then take the first or second talus gully, skinners right, to the ridge, then follow ridge line all the way to bockman, descending that long low angle chute to the leigh lake, and hopefully twice. So question 1. does anyone know if and which gully is best to get up and out of the woods 2. Is there any snow there, especially in those lower elevation chutes I'm thinking of climbing? 3. Is this a bad idea? Any insight would be appreciated. I've gathered about all one can from looking at satelite shots and maps, just looking for someone who has done it. Thanks

I went there last spring and skinned to the lake but never skied anything, there was Avalanche debris at the summer trailhead that had come from from bockmans peak about 2 miles away, it was massive it probably could have buried several houses. I think you would want to take the first obvious chute to the right just past the start of the summer trailhead I don't know if it's going to have any snow it it right now, I would say probably not but any chute after that is going to be a pretty gnarly climb. I would bring a ice axe and crampons because everything is so bulletproof right now and if there isn't a lot of snow near the lake getting out could be pretty tricky. Let me know if you ski it I've been wanting to get over there to ever since it kicked my ass last spring.

Thank you for the feedback skibum. I appreciate the insight, it was probably six or seven years ago that I skinned up to the lake, that last pitch at the outflow was so tricky. The debris field info is sobering. I'd hate to hump all the way in there to find dangerous slopes. I'm guessing its boilerplate underneath a few inches from the last storm, but thats enough to knock a guy down . Will try to get up there early next week (monday or tuesday) to do recon as my only ski partner is off to hawaii for a week or so. First chute it is. Hopefully be posting a successful scouting in the trip reports