Dynafit Mercury - Thoughts?

We're into the offseason so naturally I'm scrounging around for deals on next year's gear. I am interested in trying to lighten up my footwear a bit and am intrigued by the Dynafit Mercury boots because of the stiffness and range of motion. Anyone have any experience/thoughts on these boots? Any recommended alternatives I should look at (tlt6? or any of the multitude of other boots I am brushing over)? Thanks in advance for any info. Cheers! Chris.

Note:
Currently in a pair of K2 pinnacle 130's. I've loved them but the weight is starting to get to me on longer days. I know the Mercury wouldn't be a huge weight savings, but at least a step in the right direction, right (hahaha)!

idsnowghost

Staff member
Might want to get your foot in the Mercury. It's got a progressive flex that ends with a hard stop. I didn't like it. Basically a softer version of the Vulcan (has no hard stop).

TLT6 is popular, comfortable, lightweight but it's not a very stiff boot coming from K2's 130 flex.

Whatever you choose.. you will definitely notice the weight difference as your Pinnacles are 800g/1.75lbs heavier per boot than my AT boots (La Sportiva Spectre).

PowderPanda

Staff member
Yeah, I like my TLT6's for splitboarding and my mod's, but there are a few things that I don't like about them. For skiing.. and seeing how you ski Huck (Chris)… I think it would be loose for you!

thanks for the feedback guys! That gives me a bit to chew on.
Panda - I was concerned about the flex w/ the 6's. Nice to have an outside perspective re: skiing in em.

Obviously I need to get my feet in a few boots and sort it out. Might have to be patient though w/ all the stores making floor space for paddle boards.