Backcountry Film Festival Spokane Fri Jan 31st

The Winter Wildlands Alliance Backcountry Film Festival is coming to Spokane at Spokane Community College's Lair Auditorium Friday night January 31st. Doors open at 6 pm, films start at 7 pm. Convenient free parking in the P1 Lot east of the Main Building off Mission Ave. Tickets are $12 general admission, $10 Spokane Mountaineers and students. Thanks to our many donors there will be many great door and raffle prizes. All proceeds support the efforts of the Inland Northwest Backcountry Alliance.

Info about the Inland Northwest Backcountry Alliance and more detailed event info including the trailer can be found at ibackcountry.org. Tickets can be purchased in advance at spokanebcff.bpt.me.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Welcome aboard Mr. Latta!!! Good to see you aboard. I think it important to have the perspective of the backcountry Alliance on board here.
I know I have used sleds for access to areas, but also believe that some areas are perfectly fine with human powered access. There definitely needs to be a balance between the two!!

Good to see you here!!

idsnowghost

Staff member
Looking forward to this event! The film festival is being put on by the Inland Northwest Backcountry Alliance and has been a sell out success the past few years. (good idea to buy your tickets online) Panhandle Backcountry will be attending and we hope to see you there!

Film Festival Trailer:

If you are unfamiliar with the Inland Northwest Backcountry Alliance and the work they do for human-powered winter recreation in our area, here's a bit I copied from their website:
The Inland Northwest Backcountry Alliance (formerly Stevens Peak Backcountry Coalition) is a grassroots organization of backcountry skiers and snowboarders, cross-country skiers, snowshoers, and climbers who value quiet human-powered winter recreation in the Inland Northwest. Our goals:

• Work toward the creation of a comprehensive and workable Winter Recreation Plan for the Stevens Peak Backcountry and other areas in our region.
  • Educate others about the value of and opportunities for quiet human-powered winter recreation.
You can visit the organization at Ibackcountry.org if you want more information, maps or to support their mission.

idsnowghost

Staff member
Remember to come out this Friday at 6pm (doors) / 7pm (show)! Visit the Panhandle Backcountry table before the show and grab a few stickers.

Parking is free in the P1 lot off Mission Ave.

idsnowghost

Staff member
Thanks to everyone who came out! Turned out to be a great event and films with a full crowd.

It was nice meeting all of you and sharing our love for the mountains. Hope to see some of you posting your backcountry adventures on here soon!

Special thanks to John Latta and the INWBA for inviting us!

1653600_10201349706736503_1447813757_n.jpg