Avy refresher?

Hey, Friends! Anyone know who/where there will be a avy refresher course? Perhaps if enough interest we could join power and reach out to have a class set up.... I went to baking/pastry chef school so I’ll bring the pastries!‍♀

PowderPanda

Staff member
Thanks! Yeah, I hit send them started looking at their site. I was off in the terminology. I was looking for the avalanche rescue course. Looks like it’s the early dec course! Next up, buying a sled.
A little info on sleds.. I've been checking for friends. Prices are looking high this season. Used older sleds likely will sell super fast. Make a determination on what you want, the use of it (true sled neck or just access or mixture of both), know how much you want to spend and reach out to people who have sleds for help if needed.

A couple good vids to watch before you look:

Cheers,
PP

Thanks for the info. Luckily I have not needed one yet however I feel its going to be a must for around here. Are there quite a few nice tours not requiring a sled around? Looks like there are some up here in Clark Fork but the real good are looking a bit deep for the most part.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Thanks for the info. Luckily I have not needed one yet however I feel its going to be a must for around here. Are there quite a few nice tours not requiring a sled around? Looks like there are some up here in Clark Fork but the real good are looking a bit deep for the most part.
Most of the best terrain would be accessed by sled. There is quite amount in the St. Regis lakes basin and Steven's peak basin. Understand though, there is a lot of tour and terrain mitigation knowledge needed in those areas. If you just go behind Lookout pass where the new chairlift are going and don't venture further, you'll be pretty good. Anything south of East Willow Pk IS avy terrain. and it get's hit by sledders frequently as todays sleds can take them from valley to ridgetop with no problem. You cans search this site for tour reports.

Cheers,
PP