Avy Courses- Info Coming Soon

PowderPanda

Staff member
Hey All,
I am sure many people are starting to prepare and schedule for 2022/23 season.
IPAC will have the avy course posted hopefully about end of month. We are working hard to get a location for a motorized course. We have the insurance now, so just working on location.
Backcountry skier/boarder/snowshoer/Speed Walker courses locations are already set up.

Check the Sticky post for North Idaho Avalanche courses above for details

Reach out if you have questions about the courses. On this site, we will also post courses from all providers in the area.

Winters Coming!!
Cheers,
PP

idsnowghost

Staff member
Or the next day, even, for the ski/split crowd. Well done! :D

edit: ermmm, perhaps not, at least on that page. But all of the classes went out via RSS for us oldies that still use that.
Those RSS feeds probably came alive for the first time in years?!

I'm in the process of getting the courses online on the Friend's group website.

edit: Probably a week out until Friends of IPAC classes go up. Need to finalize some agreements.

Those RSS feeds probably came alive for the first time in years?!

I'm in the process of getting the courses online on the Friend's group website.

edit: Probably a week out until Friends of IPAC classes go up. Need to finalize some agreements.
Mike - they've been working the last few seasons. I just may be the only one using them. But don't break them!

eta: I pulled up the full feed for events only and it goes back to the Yugen film showing on 10/18/2018, so it has been working awhile.

Last edited:

idsnowghost

Staff member
I meant probably not much activity with forecasts no longer being published in the RSS. (edit: I suppose observations are still populated in there, right?)

I won't break them, if anything they should become more active this season. I bet there is still a way to pull RSS from the National Avy Center for forecasts.

I meant probably not much activity with forecasts no longer being published in the RSS. (edit: I suppose observations are still populated in there, right?)

I won't break them, if anything they should become more active this season. I bet there is still a way to pull RSS from the National Avy Center for forecasts.
I think that I have only been pulling Events, not forecasts. So no, not much activity. But just the right amount.

I haven't pulled Observations in the past, instead manually browsing them on the IPAC page plus Snow Pilot. But I'll give it a try this season.

As far as forecasts, the emails are sufficient. Although I still look daily as part of updating my daily spreadsheet, which helps with my regional situational awareness through the season.

Thanks for all the work!