anyone looking to ski tour thursday, friday or sunday this week?

Looking to get out this weekend, but have no one to go with....... anyone wanna go for a ski tour?

I've been backcountry skiing for about 15 years now, am effective and efficient using my avalanche beacon and am physically fit so I won't slow ya down.

Let me know if anyone is heading out this week and wants a partner or doesn't mind me tagging along.

oh and I'll need a ride from somewhere in the spokane/spokane valley area :rolleyes: :eek: :D

thanks and ski ya soon!

PowderPanda

Staff member
Brutah,
Hope you can get someone.. I have to head to Montana for work today. It would be beautiful.. and COLD!

Hi Brutah,
I too am without a partner for a trip in the backcountry on Thursday. I'm an intermediate to advanced skiier with plenty of experience using my beacon (luckily in no life or death situations).

Only my second year in the backcountry and I have completed my level 1 avy course, but certainly not cocky about it.

I have a small sedan with low clearance if we can find a spot with a decent access road.

Hopefully we can work something out!

Cheers

Looking to get out this weekend, but have no one to go with....... anyone wanna go for a ski tour?

I've been backcountry skiing for about 15 years now, am effective and efficient using my avalanche beacon and am physically fit so I won't slow ya down.

Let me know if anyone is heading out this week and wants a partner or doesn't mind me tagging along.

oh and I'll need a ride from somewhere in the spokane/spokane valley area :rolleyes: :eek: :D

thanks and ski ya soon!

RedBeard,

sorry probably too late for tomorrow. but i often have thursday off if you wanna get out another time

PowderPanda

Staff member
RedBeard.. You driving a lowrider in winter in Spokane.. LoL

Good to see you have your Level I!! I'm thinking it would be BA if we could get a special Panhandle Backcountry Level II course some day. Just struck me that it would be awesome to do!

This weekend is going to be good too!!

Hey Brutah, you still trying to get out on Sunday? Nick (from PBC) and I are hoping to ski somewhere but no plans beyond that.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Brandon.. What's it look like for you tomorrow? MikeyB is not available until Sun, I was thinking of sledding out to Glidden Lake and hitting that area.

Damn, just saw this and its late. Probably a no go for tomorrow. Still looking at Sunday though, you game?

PowderPanda

Staff member
Brandon.. I can't tomorrow. MikeyB I think is looking.
If you can sled access, the tour we did today is prime for more!! Sled to the back of Lower gladden lake.. Get back to the old mine addict and on the right side of the hill the sledders worked, there is a skin track and you will access the ridge in less than 30 min's. Then straight up to the wind blown rock exposed, drop right (North) and you will get right into the chute that drops to the lake. Stay skiers right.. as Shane and I hit skier left! Two more shots await to the N/E of that spot that lead straight to the lake!

Sounds great. I don't know the area but would love to link up with others that do. Anyone game? If not, nick and i may head back to st. Regis again.

idsnowghost

Staff member
Maybe a little too late for planning for tomorrow.. but I'd be down to show you around for a sled lift to the lake sometime. ;)