Aerial video: DJI Mavic Air 2 and general drone questions

Anyone using the Mavic Air 2 and have some input, likes, dislikes? General input on drones appreciated as well. Wondering how well follow me seems to work for solo stuff and battery life in the mountain cold.
Looking to start documenting some of these trips and There’s a pretty affordable price right now...

PowderPanda

Staff member
Anyone using the Mavic Air 2 and have some input, likes, dislikes? General input on drones appreciated as well. Wondering how well follow me seems to work for solo stuff and battery life in the mountain cold.
Looking to start documenting some of these trips and There’s a pretty affordable price right now...
A good reach out is Ryan Fogarty @Ryan_Fogs on IG. Ryan is a filmer and has used a few different drones.

I use a mavic air 2. They are tough to use in the winter. I actually lost one early on, then got a replacement. It cannot withstand mountain wind very well, and the batteries also die quick with the cold. I think mine usually last 5 min or less during the winter months. Don't let it discourage you from using it, because it's possible. A nice sunny calm day they work fine, but with some cold and wind they get rough. Keep those batteries close to your chest for warmth and be ready to film/launch right when you turn it on. Also, I haven't found a good recharge method in the field, but that would help your cause.

Thanks guys. Panda I’ll def reach out to Ryan. If anyone cares to weigh in I’d be looking for beginner-friendly, 1000 or under, roughly. Follow me seems important.
Patrick, thanks for weighing in.