01/07/20 Silver Mountain - Holding All Deep in Thought

PowderPanda

Staff member
May God Rest their Souls in Peace! Where there is Love, there is Life & Peace... Mahatma Gandhi.

We send our deepest condolences to the families of those lost, the survivors, Ski Patrol, the volunteers, and Two Bear Air for their tireless work, not stopping until the last soul recovered at Silver Mountain from 01/07/20.

We will continue to ride that slope in honor of our friends. For it is here we find solace and spiritual healing.

God Speed friends,
Panhandlebackcountry team

I have begun to write posts here and in several other forums over the past few days, only to reflect and soon delete them. So many emotions stirred up this week. Big thanks PowderPanda for saying this in such a cool, collected and eloquent manner. I will be making turns this weekend at Silver in honor of the deceased, in celebration of those still with us, in thanks for the ski patrol/SAR and in hopes of reconnecting with the incredible and unequaled joy I get from being in the mountains.

idsnowghost

Staff member
It has been a devastating week for the entire community and we send our deepest condolences to families and friends of those lost and all involved in the rescue and recovery. Our thoughts are with the survivors as they begin to move forward. It's difficult to know what to say in times like these.. thank you for putting to page what many of us are feeling Larry and Brandon. We can find solace in the stories of heroism that are emerging from that day and continue to honor those lost in this tragedy.

Thank you ski patrol, first responders, Two Bear and volunteers.

RIP to our powder friends lost.