To any new members: Welcome!

Hello from SLC. Just checkin' things out for a potential stop on an upcoming road trip. Thanks for putting this forum together!

Morning,

Really appreciate this site and your passion for the sport. I have no official training yet nor have I ever toured anywhere in the bc on a split. I have spent some time in the Selkirk Mountains on my sled attempting to get some "easy" laps in on my snowboard but that has been very unsatisfying. I have lived here for four years now and have spent most of my winters ridding Schweitzer. I hope to use this spring to gain experience and conditioning with the uphill part of the equation as that is a very daunting prospect to this old turd.

Looking forward to slowing things down and being more observant and wise about the mountains and snow conditions. I am ready to paddle into some and put the rope aside all while extending the season.

Where are you from on the EC? I'm a NJ transplant, here in Spokane now for about 4 years and loving it! I did a lot of Catskills, Adirondack and VT riding before that.

Thank you for the add. This site looks like a very useful tool. I will be exploring the area in effort to get my brother into the backcountry when I visit him in Spokane. I live in Bellingham. Anyone in need of information when visiting the Mt Baker area feel free to ask.

Super glad I found something like this! I've just started to get into backcountry skiing/riding, and haven't been able to get any gear for myself yet. My friend and I have been riding around near Burke a few times with his snowmobile, and it was great! Hope to get some good stuff!