Split TLT Mountain 6 and Phantom Binding Upgrade

"Sweet… Looks like a Christmas tree!! ;-)"

That's exactly what i was thinking when I put it together!
An Christmas early is good right?!
I think John at Phantom was short on red parts when i ordered them, so green and black with the red I thought would look okay.
Looks better than I thought it would.
I am pretty sure that having things color coordinated is important to how it rides - at least that's my wife's theory! Ha ha!

Batski! Our setups are nearly identical (even in color). I'm on the ultracraft now also! Life is good!

I definitely modded my boots out. I've shaved the lean plates to my forward lean liking, I took a dremmel to the plastic on the sides, and I totally removed the tongue. I'm supppeerrrrrr happy with the way these boots feel and I can surf this board like a mutha f%$@er!!! :)

Batski! Our setups are nearly identical (even in color). I'm on the ultracraft now also! Life is good!

I definitely modded my boots out. I've shaved the lean plates to my forward lean liking, I took a dremmel to the plastic on the sides, and I totally removed the tongue. I'm supppeerrrrrr happy with the way these boots feel and I can surf this board like a mutha f%$@er!!! :)

Clicked on the wrong tab!
Pretty sure you will like that board.
Went up to Big White the week before thanksgiving when the power was out and rode my setup at the resort. So got about 5 hrs straight riding full tilt with my brother.
I am a wimp on the mods! I am still having a hard time justifying doing anything to them. I like the way they ride as is - my only issue is a bit of bite on the inside of my shin bone after the day of riding at big white. Nothing that caused any red spots though.
I am also not using the tongues.
I think my first mod will be to cut down the inside of the cuff a bit to see if it helps with the shin bite.
I agree with the ride - I feel more confident than I ever have, makes one feel invincible.
I think the main reason is I know exactly where my edges are and the board responds immediately with no extra motion to get it to move.
I don't care how stiff snowboard boots are, you always lose some feel due to the boot moving in the binding.
I will say though that it took me a while to get the boots fitting as comfortable as snowboard boots - and I am still going to need a few more days in them to really get them broke in. Had to do a bit of grinding inside and tried multiple foot beds and even had to do some grinding on them.
The width and height across the the ball of my foot was the issue - a bit narrow and a bit shallow on the height.
I think my feet are pretty average, size 9 D width. ended up with the size 27, length is longer than it needs to be, but the 26.5 was just to small thru the ball of my foot - width and height were REALLY tight.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Batski, Yeah, shave down the inside boot cuff area. get with K.Pow.. I did and it made a huge diff.
This weekend I rode right foot without the tongue and left with. I may stay that way for a bit (I have a messed up left foot). As for fitting, are you a little loose? For sure get some SOLE insole inserts. They are about $40 at REI. Also North 40 carries a line of SOLE. Make all the difference in the world! The Blue version is made for winter and will take up space as well. Red is thinner.. They have others too.

I am using the blue Sole foot beds, ground the forward portion thinner to give me more room in the width and height.
still needed a bit more width and height in the shell from behind my little toe back towards the arch.
It was squeezed so much that behind my little toe and on top of my foot would go to sleep rather quickly.
The stock foot beds let my heel lift too much, but were a little better for the width/height issue in that area.
With the Sole foot bed my heel feels very secure.

Okay, I did the deed! trimmed the inside top cuff of the boots - you guys convinced me!
One thing at a time!
Will try it this weekend. Headed up to Canada for an Avy class with some BC touring and boarding involved.

PowderPanda

Staff member
Okay, I did the deed! trimmed the inside top cuff of the boots - you guys convinced me!
One thing at a time!
Will try it this weekend. Headed up to Canada for an Avy class with some BC touring and boarding involved.
Ha.. Step in your board on the floor and flex it, you'll feel it right off.

BTW.. North 40 has a SOLE insert that is just from the heal to the ball of the foot. I got those as well. Awesome for what you're referring to as it doesn't take up space in the front door area!!

I am happy to report that the inside cuff mod was excellent and I had no discomfort after wearing my boots for 9 hrs straight during our avy class!
Touring, boarding, hiking, digging snow, it was all good!
I love touring on this setup, it is so efficient!

K.pow
How are you liking that ultracraft?
I finally rode mine yesterday at lookout, did a bunch of laps out of bounds.
I did not want to ride it till the snow was a little deeper.

It seems to ride about the same as the hovercraft but I feel the edges need a little tune up, went down thru one of the rock hard mogul fields as an experiment and felt like my edges were not biting.
I now have all the mods done on my boots, both sides cut down and the lean plate cut out.
It's all working excellent!

K.pow
How are you liking that ultracraft?
I finally rode mine yesterday at lookout, did a bunch of laps out of bounds.
I did not want to ride it till the snow was a little deeper.

It seems to ride about the same as the hovercraft but I feel the edges need a little tune up, went down thru one of the rock hard mogul fields as an experiment and felt like my edges were not biting.
I now have all the mods done on my boots, both sides cut down and the lean plate cut out.
It's all working excellent!
I'm loving it! I've been riding it every tour since November! Edges seem fine to me. I was in variable snow in Rogers Pass and it handled great. Also seemed really easy to land my jumps. I'm super happy with my set up!

Glad you are liking it!
I always am A little apprehensive when I like a board and others buy it! I always hope they are not disappointed.