Burke canyon conditions

Has anyone been up Burke canyon lately? I'm thinking of heading to tiger peak or rabbit gulch tomorrow (2/18)
Not sure if you went, but I would not recommend Tiger right now. I assumed it would be pretty good given the conditions farther up the Burke canyon, but I went on Sunday and it was extremely thin coverage down low. A lot of the old mining structures were poking through the snow (jagged, rusty metal, etc) and stumps were visible everywhere. All the brief views I got of higher faces didn't look much more promising, seemed like the last 1200 feet or so would be survival skiing. I had my dog with me and turned around after the first 700 vertical feet out of concern for his safety (and generally terrible skiing).Photo Feb 18 2024, 11 48 39 AM.jpg

PowderPanda

Staff member
I can’t speak to Tiger specifically. I can say from what I’ve been seeing, anything below 5200ft and a little South aspect is super thin. I was up last weekend, deeper East from Tiger. Lots of rock barely covered.
further back (sled access) has much better coverage, but is still pretty thin if it has any Southern exposure.
Cheer,
PP