Touring Nutrition

I like the info, though i find my personal approach is much different. (though i guess the link is more geared for single day trips)

my favorite winter touring meal is peppers, bacon, tater tots, and cheese, and summer suasage served as kinda a fry pan mix up. im a pretty light guy, i usally take 2lbs food per day as my ration in the winter. For dinner, classic pasta dishes are always my favorite and you can bring frozen sauce that wont spoil. i tend to add cheese and meat to everything haha. be sure to pre slice EVERYTHING and pre freeze it.

lunches i like typical backpacking style grazing stuff, bars, trail mix, almonds, some chocolate bars, salty mixes, a good variety to fit what you are craving.

PowderPanda

Staff member
LoL Sal, You have a smorgasbord! Love all that, but alas I can't eat bacon and peppers due to bad acid reflux. LOVE them.. Just have to avoid it. I tend towards the, if it works for you… I had one tour last year that I crashed half way up. Never had that happen, protein bar and a Cliff energy squeeze with water and I was good in about 5 minutes. But that had to do with what I ate the night before and that morning. The pre-meals are really important to how your day will end up!!