Thoughts on dedicated Conditions Telegram Group

I was thinking it might be nice to create a forum where it was a little easier to access/post real time reports on avi/snow conditions. Obviously this already exists through the use of this website and the IPAC observation reporting, but there are some apps available as well that facilitate easy communication that is familiar to people who may have been working from home recently (similar to Teams and Slack).

Many of my wildlife guide friends utilize the app Telegram to report viewings in order to coordinate a better experience for their guests. I was thinking this could similarly be adopted in our community, where you could quickly jot down an observation in a searchable thread. I find a lot of times I grapple with whether posting something here is useful beta, and I think sometimes it is easy for small tidbits of information to overwhelm the value of the lengthy trip reports posted here.

It also might be nice just to have a more "water cooler" feel for the community since we could have dedicated threads for meeting up, etc. I guess I see it as complimentary to this website.

I would be glad to create something if people would like to explore this further, or entertain other options if people had strong thoughts on this..