Shutdown by the weather..

PowderPanda

Staff member
Well, our first big wind storm event.. shutting down the main lifts at some of the resorts, with rain associated.
MikeB and I had planned on even doing an assault on the treed ridge behind Lookout, but called that off due the high snow levels.

Snows levels are suppose to drop mid morning.. and significant snow over night. Right now, 10am, Silver Mtn Summit house cam is showing snow.. That's a GOOD sign!

From the looks of it.. we should keep some new snow coming through Monday then tapper. Could make for some nice settling if the temps stay right. Let's hope as it will make for some epic backcountry touring!

Panda - I heard from others who accessed the back of lookout via sleds that it was DEEP. Hopefully this settles in nicely.

I have been going North and the winds have been relentless. They made it tough today at Schweitzer with only the Basin Express open. Many were hiking and for what purpose was beyond me. I asked a few who were coming down early if it was worth it and they said it was a big mistake.

PowderPanda

Staff member
JasonJ…
Sunday MikeB, SarahB and I hit Silver MTN.. It was DEEP and fun. Way better than we had expected. Mike and I then headed out for some Slackcountry turns. It was great except we had to break trail.. Thankful for Mike though.. I had a cold so he did 95% of the trail.