Looking for Camping in the Snow.

Hey this is a long shot, but worth asking. Anyone know of any good spots to go camping in the snow still. I know its always possible with the right tools and effort, but I have little of either. I was hoping to find something that basically has road access. My ideal situation would be a road that takes me to the edge of snowline where I can camp and set up a few little jumps, and a fire for the girls to hang out at. From there I want to go on a tour, but the main this is a place to camp right on the edge of the snow to try and prolong the winter a little bit. The other couple we would go with doesn't have anything for winter camping or touring gear so I didn't want to get very far from the car.

I understand if the lack of snow makes this impossible. Just figured someone on here might know of a place.

Thanks a Bunch

JP Russo

idsnowghost

Staff member
Thompson Pass? Could camp at the pass but would expect some curious tourists/drivers the closer you are to the paved road. Pit toilet available for the girls.

Also might be able to drive up to Lucky Friday Bowl near West Willow Peak and car camp? I haven't been out to the trailhead recently though, so just a guess on access. Or maybe the roads behind Lookout, towards Copper/St Regis Basin?